Surgery postponed.......... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery postponed.......... Surgery postponed..........

Unread 06-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Update

Well, so much for my GP getting back to me! After staying near the phone all day, I finally got fed up of waiting and rang his office just before 4 p.m. to be told he was out this afternoon.

I feel like screaming with the frustration of it all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Surgery postponed..........

Oh no !!! That's is hawfull !

I know the feeling for my hyst has been postponed as well.

And I had a good cry too ... and then called my mom, which made me feel better by saying: "Have a good cry, but don't let it get to you. You can't do anything about it, and you just have to hope the re-schedule you soon".

She was right, and you know what ? I was re-scheduled !

So hang in there ! it will all taken care of before you know it.
Unread 06-14-2004, 10:26 AM

So sorry to hear of your postponement. I think this must be a very British thing - my surgery (planned for 4th June) was postponed and I've got another two weeks to wait - and like you it was because an important person was not available. No aneasthetist! On holiday! (*on Holiday???* I still can't really believe that!) I keep telling myself that it has given me te chance to enjoy a couple of weekends of great weather in the garden - the last of the lifting for a while - and trying to keep positive. So I'm waiting with bated breath for the 28th of June - just hope it all goes ahead this time. Good luck with your next date, hope it will be soon. I must have a little more whine to add to all this, today I went in to work (which is getting harder as I've had to come off HRT ready for the first [cancelled] admission , and just *can't sleep* - so I'm constantly tired, having to drive 20 miles in and 20 miles back, and having to drive for my job - am I safe?) to find that a collegue who sits 3 feet away from me - *and knows my date* - has come into work with a cold so bad that she can hardly speak. I left!!! I phoned my GP who suggested I keep away from work - we are in such a crowded place that any infection will spread; so I came home and had a wonderful 2-hour sleep, tomorrow I will talk to the GP about the possiblility of sick leave before the surgery - which is not really what I wanted to do, I do love my job, but when I spoke to my boss about the possiblilty of picking up any stray germs last week she told me I am paranoid - so I really felt (at my worst) "stuff you"! (The GP actually has an appointment available for tomorrow. Is my luck changing?). Sorry about the length of this - needed to vent - and really just meant to wish you luck.
Unread 06-14-2004, 01:18 PM

I worry about catching colds and sore throats, too - I teach in a primary school (that's 4-11 year olds, American sisters!) for two afternoons a week, and the children there are very generous with their sneezes etc.! I try to keep my hands away from my face (particularly my eyes - apparently that's a common route of entry for infection) and I always wash my hands really carefully when I've finished! (I teach piano, by the way!)

But right now I'm rather frayed around the edges!

Hope your rescheduling goes to plan!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register