Weepy & argumentative & hateful | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weepy & argumentative & hateful Weepy & argumentative & hateful

Unread 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Weepy & argumentative & hateful

Hi Ladies,
Wed. will be start of 3rd week after my hysterectomy. My last ovary was taken along w/last tube, & cervix & uterus. My doc said he would put me on hormones & now he didn't. Was quite upset after I left his office. My husband says I'm argumentative, etc. He's had 2 legal issues & is jobless. I'm jobless for the summer. Too much stress. Tomorrow I drive to see my skinny sister who flew in at my mom's, who lives in the state east of us. (my mom lives east) I need to lose weight & feel horrible about myself. I did get a new haircut.
Is anyone else having these emotional outbursts?
thanks.
siamesecatlover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Re: Weepy & argumentative & hateful

I wonder how agreeable your husband would be if he went through what you have gone through.

I think, being prohibited from taking hormones and, six months later, still in your boat, no one really tells you anything.
My doctors did not listen or answer any of my questions either.

Wish I had something encouraging to say, but I don't.
I just "feel ya" and no, you are NOT the only one.
I used to be sweet and positive.
Now, I am just ruined.
Good luck to you.
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
I wonder how agreeable your husband would be if he went through what you have gone through.

I think, being prohibited from taking hormones and, six months later, still in your boat, no one really tells you anything.
My doctors did not listen or answer any of my questions either.

Wish I had something encouraging to say, but I don't.
I just "feel ya" and no, you are NOT the only one.
I used to be sweet and positive.
Now, I am just ruined.
Good luck to you.
Dear Ruined, (I hope you aren't!)
I wish you knew what to say, too. Or someone. I think some of us just go thru this emotional crap.
Good luck to you, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2012, 07:13 PM

You are definitely not alone. I had a crying jag today, and my husband asked me what was wrong. Between sobs I choked out "nothing...and everything". I'm 5 weeks since my total hysterectomy. So, no ovaries here either and I can't do HRT because of other health issues. It is a roller coaster ride for sure.

(I have a skinny witch of a sister too.)
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
You are definitely not alone. I had a crying jag today, and my husband asked me what was wrong. Between sobs I choked out "nothing...and everything". I'm 5 weeks since my total hysterectomy. So, no ovaries here either and I can't do HRT because of other health issues. It is a roller coaster ride for sure.

(I have a skinny witch of a sister too.)
Hi Big Cat.
My crying is like that, too.
My sister is also younger, has had no hysterectomy, makes a ton of money & gets her veins on her legs done, too. And has only had 1 migraine, that I know of, if any!
It's for sure been a roller coaster ride.
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:33 PM

I am so sorry your doctor won't give you HRT and your going through all this. Personally in my opinion I'd skip the trip to your Mom's. At 3 weeks post op a car trip may not be a good idea. Also in your emotional state and the resentment towards your Sister I don't see this being a trip your going to want to remember later. I'd skip it and blame recovery issues.
:cathugs:
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM

I had the same emotional roller coaster, outbursts, didn't care about anything or anybody, it was affecting my work and home life....I went for a check up at my gp and lost it in his office. I was already taking a med for anxiety and depression but it was when I had sudden moments, I started that after my surgery at 6 weeks taking it only when I needed it... he took a look at me and asked how i went down hill so rapidly....then he gave me a simple depression test in his office. Its a test he uses to tell 10 questions and most people have 5 out of ten are depressed, I was 8 out of ten....so I was put on meds for depression, once a day and it helped normally you only see a difference in two to four weeks I saw it in 48 hours...it is an SSRI drug and it helps me.....the other thing he did recently was test me for hormones but they found a high level of PTH and it was requested for my Vitamin D levels to be checked.... my gp said that low levels of Vitamin D can cause other issues, mood swings, and depression....talk to your gp and have them check the levels of your Vitamin D or maybe you need SSRI, funny thing is it also helps with menopausal symptoms....at any rate discuss it with your dr and work with them in getting some relief and help

good luck to you
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Hi again (fellow) Siamesecatlover,
I am so sorry you're feeling like this. I understand because I fight some of these feelings too. Please be kind and patient with yourself. You are so early in your recovery and the emotions at this point can be overwhelming.

I would absolutely skip the trip to see you mom and skinny sister. And I wouldn't feel a moments guilt about it either. This time is All About You - one of the few times in your life when you shouldn't do a single thing that you don't want to do. You're not up to the trip, and you're staying home.

It does get better. I do believe that. My hyster has been the hardest thing I've ever been through. It's been a brutal 11 months and I still can't say I'm happy. But it's not as bad. The ongoing pain issues, huge swelling and ruined sex life make it difficult for me to move past this. But each day I get up and try.

Talk to your doctor about what you're going through. Your emotional well being is as important as your physical well being. What reason did he give for no HRT? Have you checked out the Menopause forum on this site?

Regardless of ovaries, crying, anger, resentment and grief are very common post op. Hang in there, we are here for you.
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:53 AM

Hi Sugar & Spice,
Unfortunately, I can't skip trip. My sister hasn't been in for 5 years. If trip gets to be too much, I'll come home early. Missed out on a job interview & now it's gonna be next week. I have 2 gyns. (VA doesn't have facilities for gyn surgery here.)The one that did the surgery never gave me a reason except that I wasn't having a lot of hot flashes. (now I've had 2 since surgery.) The one here doesn't like estrogen. He says it can cause cancer. I see him in July for 6 week check-up. not looking forward to it at all.
I think I looked at the menopause site. I'll look again.
Your sex life is ruined? I'm very sorry to hear that! Doc whom performed surgery gave me similar warning. That was why I wanted hormones! I still have the swelling belly, too but it's only been almost 3 weeks.
Thanks so much for your comments!
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Do you have a GP that you could talk to about your options? Barring a personal or family cancer history/risk, ert can be very helpful! Do some reading here on this site and do a search for estrogen replacement after hysterectomy and/or surgical menopause to give you some ideas of questions/discussion points. Hot flashes are not the only symptoms of menopause.

If you absolutely positively cannot not make the trip, give yourself a mantra for when things start to get to you. I also think it's too early for a car trip, though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register