What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned) What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned)

Unread 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned)

So I am done having kids so this didn't bother me, but my room is on the ob/gyn floor...and I cant even imagine how painful/sad this might be for a young woman faced with a hysterectomy who had not had children yet...babies crying all day long. It might be a question to ask you dr before hand...what floor will I be on post op. sorry if this is a very touchy subject...my thoughts are with you all! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Re: What floor will you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned)

It certainly didn't matter to me which floor I recovered on but my hospital has a floor just for post op patients. As most people only spend 24 hours in the hospital today after surgeries, it is a floor with very high turnover.
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM

When I went in on the day of surgery, I was asked if I minded being on the maternity floor. I said no I did not mind. I ended up on the surgical floor instead. Not sure why but it did not matter to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM

I was on the "Woman's Center" floor. Which of course included OB/GYN. The floor formed a circle, one side for deliveries and the other side for me. Actually I was the ONLY one of the other side. I had a beautiful private room and half the floor to myself and my family =) I did wonder though when taking my walks and seeing newborns along the way, if they'd just recommend ladies walking to stay on the "other side"?
That would be so hard I think.
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:18 PM

I was on the post-op floor in the world's smallest semi-private room. My roommate and I only had about a foot between our beds. I dreaded having a roommate, but she was a lovely woman and it was actually nice to have someone to chat with at times.
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM

I was not in the maternity section, and if I had been I would have hated it, even though I have had kids. I was in the post surgical area. Honestly, it is not the same recovery. I don't want a nurse who specializes in helping post partum, I want a nurse who specializes in post surgical. And I do not want to see all the happy new mamas. No offense.
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM

I was on the post-op floor in a shared room with three men. As I was there less than 24hrs, it didn't much matter. It only annoyed me when they had noisy visitors as I was feeling poorly that first night.
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:08 PM

I was at a women's hospital on a gyn med-surg/oncology floor. It was no where near the OB unit. Nice private room with a great view of the city.
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Re: What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned)

I was on the ob/gyn floor. I didn't mind it at all but I wasn't asked beforehand. My children are grown so I enjoyed walking down to see the babies.

I know how depressing it can be to be on that floor after the still birth of my first child. They put me in a private room but I could still hear the babies. I was so glad to be released to go home so I could just be alone to grieve.
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Re: What floor did you recover on in hospital? (Babies mentioned)

I was in pediatrics. Which at times I liked cuz I got to talk to them while I walked. Other times it broke my heart cuz they would cry for whatever reason and I just felt so bad for them and it made me miss my daughter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register