TAH 12 days post-op hysterectomy: Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post-op hysterectomy: Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever. 12 days post-op hysterectomy: Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever.

Unread 04-07-2014, 01:43 AM
12 days post-op hysterectomy: Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever.

Ok sisters...three hours ago 630 pm(ish) I started feeling faint, shaky, nauseous, dizzy, freezing cold woth chills and a massive headache. I thought my sugar was low, just a guess cuz I'm a nurse, so I ate some pudding and drank some Coke and ate a PBJ sandwhich.
No relief. I feel supper jittery inside. Not much pain. No pain meds today. No signs of infection at abdominal incision. Purplish scant vaginal discharge earlier. No odor. No burning when I pee. Temp 97.4. Heart rate 80s-90s. Can't check my own BP, I don't have an electric cudd at home. Breathing is paced. Not breathing too heavy. Just feeling weird. Tried to talk to on call MD and they aren't familiar with my case so of course they said go to the ER for tests for infection. Anyone have any words?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Re: 12 days post-op TAH BS Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever.

I have had bouts of feeling nausea, dizzy, etc. and the headaches started about 2wks post for me. are your bowels moving regular? And I am no Dr or anything but someone told me to eat salty and it helped. I am thinking it has something to do with out of wack hormones
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Re: 12 days post-op TAH BS Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever.

I had the same symptoms as you but I need up passing out! Please get checked asap. I ended up having and abscess near my right ovary and spent 6 days in the hospital. I had it drained and was given antibiotics. Please don't wait too long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2014, 06:30 AM

I've had all of these but not all at once. I did have a bladder infection. No pain or anything. Just pressure.. I ended up taking 2 lots of antibiotics and the infection left.. I did get dizzy today but I think as I've started driving a little (I'm about 18 days post op) and suffer from vertigo, I think my head just started spinning! I'm still getting sweaty (I think hot flushes).. My body feels really weird at times too. Again no pain either.. I hope you are ok!
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:43 AM
12 days post-op hysterectomy: Chills, Nausea, Blurry Vision, Shakes, and FREEZING. No fever.

How did they check for the abscess?
I saw my Dr last week and he just pressed on my belly in places. He said possible low iron... But didn't seem very concerned. My levels were good before surgery but haven't been checked after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshtexas View Post
I had the same symptoms as you but I need up passing out! Please get checked asap. I ended up having and abscess near my right ovary and spent 6 days in the hospital. I had it drained and was given antibiotics. Please don't wait too long.
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrabees View Post
How did they check for the abscess?
I saw my Dr last week and he just pressed on my belly in places. He said possible low iron... But didn't seem very concerned. My levels were good before surgery but haven't been checked after?
When the Dr pressed my stomach there was paid. So I had to get a ct scan done with contrast. Which means I had to drink a drink and have contrast put into my iv.I am anemic but that was not the cause if the abscess.
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Thank you for your reply. That does give me a bit if peace of mind as my Dr pressed everywhere and no pain for me. Glad they found that and were able to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshtexas View Post
When the Dr pressed my stomach there was paid. So I had to get a ct scan done with contrast. Which means I had to drink a drink and have contrast put into my iv.I am anemic but that was not the cause if the abscess.
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:14 AM

You're welcome! I hope you heal quickly!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrabees View Post
Thank you for your reply. That does give me a bit if peace of mind as my Dr pressed everywhere and no pain for me. Glad they found that and were able to help you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register