How do you deal with the rough skin on feet? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Over 50? - Thee and Me!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you deal with the rough skin on feet? How do you deal with the rough skin on feet?

Unread 08-13-2005, 11:49 PM
How do you deal with the rough skin on feet?

My DH has bad dry skin and cracked feet and I finally got him to go to the salon with me and get a peticure...It has worked great and now he doesn't complain about going with me to get my nails done...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2005, 06:23 AM

When I was on holiday in spain 2 years ago I had the most amazing pedicure at the salon at the campsite we were staying. I don't speak any Spanish, she didn't speak any English so i just let her get on with it! She attacked all my hard skin with a scalpel (!) but because it was dead I didn't feel a thing and she removed all the horrible gnarly skin. Since then a regular gentle pumice and a good moisturiser designed for feet have kept them soft and comfortable. So make sure you get all the hard stuff removed, otherwise you're only moisturising dead skin and perpetuating the problem as the new skin grows underneath it.
Unread 08-16-2005, 04:00 AM

Hi girls
Don't know if you can get it in the US, but when my feet are dry and cracked I use Ungvita Ointment. Its Vitamin A based and is greasy like Vaseline. I too put old socks on when I apply it. Works well, and is great on healing those painful cracks you can get. No need to exfoliate either. I think the dead skin just naturally sheds.
I've also got a peppermint based lotion that I use during the day in the summer when I'm wearing sandals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2005, 04:19 AM
yet another cream to try :)

I use Berts Bees Foot Cream it even comes with a pair of socks and smells wonderfully of cocconut. Its a natural product as well and seems to work on my feet as 80% of the time I am bare footed its got a tough job on its hands!

Lynne
Unread 08-16-2005, 05:36 AM

Thanks to all of you for sharing what works for you. I'm sure it will help lots of women here.

Wilma
Unread 09-20-2005, 09:35 PM

Thanks for all the tips. My mom used to tell me to put vaseline on my feet and then socks before I went to bed. Also, put a little vaseline on your elbows to keep them soft.
AND, I would love to return to Bermuda also. I was there in 1985 on a cruise and loved it.
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:20 PM

just a health note........ if any of you think you may be diabetic for heavens sake I am sure you know but dont pumice or cut any skin on your feet. It is a real health issue. I am sure any diabetic knows but just wanted to reassure.
and hey I lived in Bermuda for a year when dh was in military. great posting would love to go back for visit. i too have very rough heels and bad bad me dh got me a dr scholls foot massage and am too lazy to dig out of closet!!! dd got me all the foot stuff for xmas last year. better use it up. geesh silly me maybe tomorrow!!
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Initially, I treated myself to a professional pedicure. She used some tools I'd be afraid to use at home.

Afterwards, I've simply maintained by moisturizing and gentle weekly sloughing with a pumice stone in the tub. Nightime extreme moisture with socks.....cotton.....is great, too!
Unread 02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
beauticontrol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilma Flinstone
Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'm making a list of creams to try.

Susan, I know what you mean about the lotion making your feet sticky and the need to protect the carpeting. The Barielle AHA I'm using does the same thing. I've also been using a urea 40% lotion to soften the skin before applying the Barielle. I'd rather go to Bermuda to buy the Passion Flower lotion.

Thanks shoozie and snickers for suggesting the peppermint exfolient, I've looked at some and considered it if I don't have success with my present regimen. I LOVE peppermint scented lotions.

Here's to soft feet.
I plan to ask my dermatologist on Fri. what he suggests.

Wilma
One more for you WILMA >>>> beauticontrol...<admin note: no commerical links please>

let know how it goes !
Pattie
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Thank you for the ideas

I have an auto immune disorder (Reactive Arthritis) and if I get cracked feet, or a cut I might have to go off my meds until it heals. It is unbearable if go off so I appreciate all the ideas. I have been using a sugar solution from bath and body to sloph off the dry skin and using neosporin on the bad area's but I do use silicone glove from avon and cotton socks at night when they are bad.
I have been told to wear shoes all the time, I hate shoes. The closest I can come is flip flops in the house when I get up off the chair. I do wear Reebok Walkers when I go out, they fit me like a glove. Since this just started, I have yet to wear any shoes other than clogs or flips so I guess I better read some of the other posts.

Does anyone here have diabetes? And what do you do with your feet? I am told I must take care just like I have that disease.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register