New here -- concerned about hormones and weight gain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here -- concerned about hormones and weight gain New here -- concerned about hormones and weight gain

Unread 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
New here -- concerned about hormones and weight gain

Hello everyone,
I am scheduled for a vaginal hysterectomy on march 2nd
and am starting to get alittle anxious. My doctor plans to leave the ovaries, but am concerned with hormonal
responses and weight gain, I find I am moody now, so
what will happen after, I am a mess and scared to
death, any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2006, 06:27 PM

I'm schedule for March 3rd and I'm afraid of the same things. I know that doesn't help you just wanted you to know your not alone.
Unread 02-22-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm scheduled for March 3 and I hadn't thought about the weight gain, but definitely the moodiness/hormone issues. I guess I'm not much help either, but at least 3 of us are in this together! Are you keeping your ovaries? I am, which I thought would mean I'd bypass all the hormonal issues, but I've learned on this website that usually your ovaries shut down for a while after surgery and sometimes don't start up again for weeks, months, or even never! So now I don't know what to expect. I think my hubby will be understanding, and hopefully my friends, but my kids....Don't want to take it out on them.

Sorry I'm not any help either, but I'm pretty sure we'll all be okay one way or another!

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2006, 03:52 AM

I'm keeping my ovaries also and I'm praying that they will still work. I'm a little afraid of how my husband and children are going to get through this, my moods if I have any, and the running of my house should be very interesting. My pre-op is tomorrow, have you had yours yet?
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:21 AM

My surgery is March 2nd. I am set for my pre-op at the hospital tomorrow as well. I want to keep the ovaries but my Dr. said he will see how they look. I will not know until after my surgery which is a little stressful. I have a strange feeling that they will be coming out (I hope I am wrong). The hormone issue is very frightening to me as well.
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:37 AM

My Surgery is scheduled For March 2nd. I’m having my right Tube and ovary removed. I’m freaking about the hormones as well.

One of my worries, is how dh is going to react to the whole thing. I have doubts that he will be supportive. I’m already extremely moody and have been since right after my novasure procedure last june (dr. said that had nothing to do with it, but made me wonder) If I get much worse, I don’t know that my marriage will survive it, and that makes me really sad, and even more so, angry.
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Well I gave up everything with the TAH/BSO and I am doing the HRT> It has only been 7weeks since surgery and I started the HRT the day after surgery. So far there has not been any weight gain but I gain just walking past the refirdge. I am hoping I am lucky one and don't gain any more. I will keep you all posted and good luck to all of you with your up coming surgeries.
Unread 02-23-2006, 11:50 AM

Hi Cindy Gragg,

I had a LSH and I kept my ovaries. In post-op, I did not gain weight. I worked at eating healthy and getting back to my gym routine ( 3 days a week/ 40 minutes) when I got a greenlight from my Dr. at 6 weeks post-op. Today, almost 2 yrs post-op, I wear the same size I did in pre-op.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 02-23-2006, 02:47 PM

Thank you all for your replies, Its nice to know that I am
not alone in this. I have felt alone for some time, and its nice to know there is someone to talk to besides my
husband, who could never understand, the feeliings in-
side me. best wishes to all
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Good question. I asked the same thing and didn't get much of a response.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register