Hyst. changed from LAVH to TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst. changed from LAVH to TVH Hyst. changed from LAVH to TVH

Unread 03-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Hyst. changed from LAVH to TVH

Hi, I was scheduled for a LAVH and today got the news that it will be a TVH. I had a ablation done in February and it failed so since then, I have been preparing myself for the LAVH. Is there much difference in the recovery time, pain managment or procedure itself? I have been 6 weeks preparing and researching for this. Is preparation the same? Excited to get my life back, worried about the surgery change.
Thanks and 's to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Tvh

Hi there!
I'm 1 month post TVH and I'm doing fine! I was so sick from post surgery complications that I never, ever felt the pain from the TVH!
I was very, very tired for about 3 weeks and if I do too much I get a little achy in my stomach.
Oh, and I did feel a bit of discomfort 'down there', I imagine its from being stretch open so my DR could do the surgery.
Other than that, alls fine!
Take care!
Unread 03-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry your type of hysterectomy changed and I understand your worry. I had a TVH and it was probably the best type for me. I didn't really experience any pain anywhere and just a slight swelly belly for a couple of weeks after I started getting a little more active. The only pain I had was when I woke up in recovery and it was like cramps. A couple of shots of Demerol in my IV took care of that.

One thing to remember, when you find yourself feeling well, you have to remind yourself that you had surgery. There is no outside reminder like an incision to worry about, but you will have internal stitches and you have to take care of yourself.

You can read a little bit about the different hysterectomy types here. Just scroll down the page a bit.

Best wishes!

s, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 10:03 PM

Thanks Glorious1 and Crossfire. I was just stunned to find out that the Dr. changed what he told me to begin with. I guess that happens. I will be doing more research to prepare for this although, it sounds like there isnt much difference except for the incisions in my belly that I wont have (from the LAVH). Thanks again!
's
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Good posts above, but I too just had to say that I had a TVH on March 3 and I feel great! Get tired easily when I do to much and still have swelly belly, but if it weren't for that I don't think I'd feel like I even had surgery two weeks ago. Please take it easy afterwards.... I think TVH's heal much quicker than TAH but you don't want to have a set back! like someone said earlier, it's hard to remember to slow down because you don't have that scar on your tummy to remind you. Good luck and be positive.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register