Uterine Cancer: Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy

Unread 04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy

HI all!! I had a LAVH in 9/2010 and was told 2 weeks post-op that my pathology had come back "abnormal". They could not tell whether the tumor cells were malignant or benign bc there was some hemorrhage and necrosis of the cells, but no high mitotic figures. I was referred to a gyn onc who took my case to a tumor board where they diagnosed me with STUMP (Smooth-Muscle Tumor of Uncertain Malignant Potential). What's concerning and a little frustrating is that there is not alot known about this bc it is rare. The abdomen/pelvic CT I had done in October showed what was believerd to be possible uterine tissue. How could this be???....I had just had a hysterectomy 2 months previous. The CT was followed up with an Ultrasound which stated that uterine or cervical tissue could not be ruled out and vaginal cuff was enlarged. So here's my question to those out there who might have experienced the same thing.... If they're not sure EXACTLY what is in my abdomen, and they're not sure if the tumor attached to my uterus was malignant or benign, What do I do??? I go for my 4 month follow up soon, just wanting some answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Re: Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy

I am not familiar with your situation but I'm sure someone will come along who might be able to give you some information.

I just want to wish you the best in getting some answers to all of the puzzling information you've been given. Please keep in touch.

Jan
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Re: Diagnosed with "STUMP" post hysterectomy

Alm79,

I haven't any experience with this, either, but hopefully someone will be along who can help in that regard. If you do a search on our forum, there are some previous posts which you might find to be helpful.

We're glad you found us!

monami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register