Staff infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staff infection Staff infection

Unread 07-01-2002, 04:29 AM
Staff infection

Hi, two months ago, I had surgery on my toes to have ingrown nails removed and one of my toes would never heal, I found out last week that I have staff infection in my toe. and its worrying me and it hurts my leg is numb and has alot of paiin in it. I"m scheduled for my hysterectomy in sept, and I heard that once you have a staff infection your prone to them again with any other surgery Does anyone know anything about this? I am scared enough of surgery and now this,The reason for my hysterectomy is I have endometriosis, and polysistic ovarian syndrome, I have been bleeding very bad since may 5 and it is now July 1st with major blood clots. I could just use some advice or maybe someone to talk to I'm just worried. thank you all for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2002, 04:51 AM
Staff infection

I'm so sorry you're feeling so afraid and nervous - but it's totally natural to feel this way

Staph infections (staphylococcus) are pretty common. Usually, the staph bacteria can stay on your skin with no adverse effects - most of us actually carry this bacteria!

If it gets into your body (as with your toes), it's usually not serious at all - a simple course of antibiotics should get rid of it very easily.

If the bacteria spreads to the bloodstream, or the lungs, there's a higher incidence of serious problems such as pneumonia or septicaemia, but this generally happens only in children, the elderly and persons with diminished immune systems (like HIV patients, etc).

Because you're going to have surgery, you'll probably have an antibiotic added to your I.V. This is usually precautionary, to be on the safe side.

http://textbookofbacteriology.net/ - this webpage has a whole heap of information about the nasty critters that cause these infections - check it out

And be sure to talk with your doctor about your concerns!

to all,

Tess
Unread 07-02-2002, 03:37 AM
Staff infection

Blondie,

Tess has given you very good information about staph infections and I hope that you will be calling your doctor, too.

While you're waiting for your surgery, you might want to visit our chat room and talk to some of the other ladies who are waiting, too. For most of us, the waiting part is the hardest part of having surgery. Here's a link with information about how to get into the chat room:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=38131

Please keep on reading and asking your questions. We're here for you.

's

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register