summer of recovery -- good news | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

summer of recovery -- good news summer of recovery -- good news

Unread 09-05-2010, 08:40 PM
summer of recovery -- good news

just a short note of encouragement to those who find themselves preoccupied throughout every-single-moment of every-single-day with the thought "i just had major surgery!!" i used to be you -- living like that, wondering if i'd ever feel good or like myself again or ever regain the activities i liked doing before surgery. this is a natural and normal part of recovery -- the worries, the wonders, the waiting -- although maybe some of us heal faster than others, or move on past the trauma sooner. me, i was a bit of a slow healer, so it took me almost ten weeks to begin feeling "normal" again. i had my surgery the monday before Memorial Day weekend. now it is nearly the monday of Labor Day weekend -- a full summer has flown by -- and today i trotted my horse, pedaled my bike with my kids close behind, mowed the lawn, walked the dog, did yard work...a very active day in general, and barely a thought to the surgery i'd had three months earlier. i realized i truly felt like myself, for which i am deeply grateful.

life is good! hang in there ladies, you will feel better soon. give yourself a (((big hug))) for what you are going through right now, then remind yourself that you will not always be consumed thinking about bowel movements, bothersome incisions or swelly-bellies. (okay, well the swelly-belly thing, yeah, i still have that -- that takes a while!) there's no timetable on the journey to wellness; just keep hopeful that you are improving everyday. time flies -- LORD-willing, you will be back to enjoying all your favorite activities without the overhanging concern about having "just had" major surgery.

peace and hugs to all tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Re: summer of recovery -- good news

OMG!! Thank you soooooo much for this. This is such awesomeness of you to post.
Peace and blessings to you!!
Jenn
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:38 PM

What a great post!! For me it's hard to believe so much time has flown by!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM

Sue, excellent post! I've been 99.9% back into my "normal" routine! But I got a rude awakening, on August 28th. I got a phone call that my mom has passed away. Long story shorter, I had to drive 3.5 hours to my parents' house, to help my father. I spent a week with him, not thinking of myself, until I over did it, and got horrible pains in my lower ab! Then I had to stop and think "You had surgery 8 weeks ago!" Duh!

I'm now back home and resting up. The swelly belly was horrible! But now i'm getting back on track!

Ladies, the time has flown by! It's amazing how great I feel, and how much I'm now doing! I feel SO much better than I did pre-surgery!

Hang in there! It WILL get better...I promise!

Happy Healing, sisters!
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:52 AM

Definitely a posting we all need to read! Thank you so much! Right now it does feel like I'm consumed with the thought of this whole surgery/recovery/menopause/sex? thing. I go back to work tomorrow and know I still have to take it easy...I'm looking forward to the time when I can realize....Wow! I never even thought about it yesterday!
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:07 AM

Thanks for posting. I wish I'd had my surgery when you did, but hopefully I'll be back to my old self for next fall.
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:15 AM

You have no idea how bad I needed to read this..THANK YOU! THANK YOU for your inspiration..
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:04 PM

wapspotapprider:

I loved your message and agree with you. I had my surgery May 25th and although it's really taken almost 3 months, I do feel like I finally don't think about my "major surgery" every minute or even every day. I still have some pain and minor issues, but nothing that consumes me! I realized in the last few weeks that I'm really starting to feel good and much better than before my surgery! I am also thankful I had the summer to recuperate since I work in a school. I am back at work now and doing well and am happy to get back to normal!
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:10 PM

Yes - thank you! This is a post I needed as well Great to hear that we do get 'back' to what we knew! I also made a mental note to self - to not let work consume me when I go back. Time for family (and me) is more important!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register