All of a sudden nothing is going right. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All of a sudden nothing is going right. All of a sudden nothing is going right.

Unread 10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
All of a sudden nothing is going right.

I don't really know where to start. I have given advice to other sisters on keeping your chin up, but today I sure am not following my own words.
I'm 2wks post-op, with recovery going fine, when yesterday morning I began having sharp pains in my lower left abd. Thought it would pass, then at 5:30pm my DH said to call someone about it. I called nurse direct, she paged the ob/gyn on call at the hospital where I had my surgery. I talked with him, and he was concerned and said he would meet me at the ER. I had blood work done, (no infection), then he wanted the nurse to do a straight cath on me since I just had a TVH. Well, the first nurse tried, and couldn't get it in. (it was so painful for me, she said feels like it's blocked). Next nurse tried, and same thing happened...by now I'm in so much pain the tears are running down my face. (made me forget the abd pain for a moment). They finally called it quits (after making me bleed), and I peed in a cup. It was clear for infection, but lots of blood...imagine that!
Anyway, I have never had a procedure in my whole life where I told a doctor or nurse to stop what they were doing. I feel like a failure, but yet so traumatized by this. What's wrong with me?
After a bladder scan, I was told they are not sure what's causing the abd pain...could possibly be kidney stones. (what next?) So now I'm straining my urine...not finding as much blood now...thank goodness.
On top of all this...I finally got my disability papers from my dr's office today, all filled out, but unsigned. I won't be able to get the papers back to the dr until friday. I've been off work for 2wks, and now a major delay my disability pay. (not to mention, the HR person working on my case either quit or got fired, I was told when I called my work today to let them know about this).
Sorry to vent all this to you gals, but I'm in pain and out of money. I've had major depression problems in the past...and would hate to see them start up again, since I've been doing so well.
Thanks for listening , LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm sorry for your problem and hope you feel better soon. I hope you don't get down. Just remember "This too shall pass". I am praying for you.
Lots of Love,
Tara
Unread 10-18-2005, 01:53 PM

I hope things get better for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Thanks for your prayers and concern, Abbey & crampfree. You sisters are the best. LL
Unread 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM

Littlelefty,

I think that is unacceptable that you have to wait until Friday to get your papers signed. They should be able to fax a signed copy to your HR immediately or to your office manager. You should not be in the position that you are because someone is unavailable or has lost their job. I hope and pray that you get on the phone and not let this wait til Friday because you don't have too.
Depression: Don't allow the enemy to still your joy. The sister are here to help and listen. I'm praying for you.
Unread 10-18-2005, 03:47 PM

Hey LL!
Is this the same type of LLQ pain you experienced pre-operatively? Just curious because mine has not gone away and perhaps I might even say it was more severe/sharp. What about ahesions? Did you mention to the docs that you took a recent road trip? Tearing something and internal bleeding was the danger I was told about if I ventured out too soon. If you haven't mentioned it, it would be a good idea. I sure hope you find some answers soon and feel better. Keep us informed - we'll be thinking about you! Ria
Unread 10-18-2005, 03:54 PM

Little Lefty,
Sorry to hear your sadness, I too have had lower left abdominal pain and called the MD today. Here's what I got for an answer: As long as you are peeing without difficulty, Often if women who have a hyst dont walk, or often dont stand straight up all the time because in my case I hunched over a little to protect pulling the incision, your ligaments start to heal in that position(especially if you are doing a lot of sitting in the recliner and/or pulling up your legs) They advised me to wear the abdominal binder and take short walks around the kitchen etc...While up try to stand straight, stretch back and forward and side to side.
I did some of that this afternoon and initally when I stand up I feel like someone is grabbing and pulling my left abdomen when I walked around and did the stretches for a few minutes it does feel a little better tonight. Md said could take another week before the pain goes.
Hope that helps.
Unread 10-18-2005, 04:24 PM

Ria, It's more sharp than the pre-op pain. It's too soon for adhesions, I think. The ride I took with my girlfriend was the same distance as the trip I took to the ER, (that was dr's request to meet me at the ER) so I don't think that could be the cause. The pain started 2 days after that trip. I will talk with the dr on friday about it though. The dr last night told me not to blame myself for this pain, he said sometimes these things just happen. Thanks for the thoughts, though...one doesn't always know the cause.

jungle missy, thanks for the stretching idea. I never gave that a thought. My mom said she had nasty pains about 2wks after her hyst, too. Maybe this ligament thing is something to think about. (sure would be better then kidney stones or adhesions!).

Thanks Donise for sticking up for me! LOL They must have heard you because the new HR person called me back today, and things will be straightened out by next week!

Thanks to all for your thoughts, prayers, and ideas. I always feel better after a visit with my sisters! LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register