Frustrated and Fed-UP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated and Fed-UP! Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Unread 03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

my TAH/BSO is in two weeks. Im having it due to adenomyosis, enlarged uterus and uncontrolled bleeding.
I have been bleeding for 106 days NON-STOP now. I thought it was tolerable for a while there, but I don't know how much more I can take. I am currently in tears and so upset at the constant, constant bleeding.
The past week, I have a heavier flow. It starts at noon, the huge clots, the gushing out of a super plus tampon, and a large pad, the running to the bathroom every 20 mins. It is currently 10pm, and it hasn't let up. I am so tired. tired of being in the bathroom, tired of seeing the blood, cleaning myself till I am raw, and not being able to do a thing except stay by that toilet.
Im sorry for the graphic rant, but I am so frustrated and fed up. Its no use calling my doctor, they seem to think only if I am more than 4 per hour should I worry, and everything to try to stop this bleeding has been tried. First birth control pills, then pure progesterone, then Depo-Pravera shot which my gyno says is almost a sure thing to stop bleeding...NOT in my case. Nothing worked. Not even the D&C. Then I just read that birth control hormones are known to sometimes aggrevate Adenomyosis and cause more bleeding!! Just what I needed, right?
So, I know the TAH is the best thing...it's just the next two weeks are going to drive me nuts. I don't know how much more I can take....Im not sleeping because I have to be in the bathroom every 30 mins, and the pain is so bad, that I am not eating much.

Has anyone had anything like this? can anyone relate?
I guess I am just thankful for the chance to rant here and have women that could possibly understand.
My hubby is just as frustrated and angry that it is still happening and no-one is doing anything about it..he thinks doctors should just make it go away right now!

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest. I can't wait for this surgery so that I never have to see the color red again, or use the words Clot, and heavy flow in any sentence ever again, or buy toilet paper by the pallet, or send my hubby for Four boxes of super plus tampons at once!!!!

Im going off to scream into my pillow now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Hi there,

Seems like you have a lot to deal with right now. Although I had adenomyosis, I didn't have the constant bleeding that you do.

I am sure it is difficult, but please hand in there.

Think of it this way, you have already done 106 sleeps, only 15 more sleeps to go ........a very small fraction.

Remember that we are here to support you both before and after your surgery.

Meanwhile, try to get some rest if you can.
Unread 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Hang in there, 15 more days to go until your new life. Waiting is the worst part. I know about the frustration of non stop bleeding, cramps, hormonal misery, etc. It makes life horrible and I empathize with you.

Sending your way.
It will get better soon just hang on a little longer......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Many s to you! I bleed for two years, but it would ease off at times, then gushing and clots again. It can be so depressing! in there! The end is in sight!
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Hello! I can relate so much to your problems, I could have wrote exactly the problems you described.I took birth controls pills, I was on 4 a day right before my surgery and it didn't slow down my bleeding at all. Nothing helped .I bled for 91 days straight. I was anemic. Hang in there. I know the feeling about living in the bathroom. Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

I could have written this post. I bled every day for the 4 months preceding my surgery. My doctor gave me Megase, which helped sometimes, and other times it didn't. I finally had to quit taking it because it the last two times I took it, it caused me to have anxiety attacks. I also gained 40 pounds when I took it last year.

Is there any possible way your doc can get your surgery date moved up? I know that once you've made plans for your surgery, like time off work, it's hard to rearrange things sometimes. Hope things get better for you and you feel better soon. It's so cool going to the bathroom now and not seeing a pad full of blood.

Hang in there!
Unread 03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

HI Bluegoose I had bleeding of some description for 9 months although I did nothing about it for 6 months. Yes I know bad girl! I can sympathize with you the bleeding, huge clot, cramps and the constant running to the bathroom etc. Hang in there not long and it will be over and you'll have the last laugh on Aunt Flo.

Wishing you well...........Karen
Unread 03-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Hi Bluegoose
We are having our surgeries on the same day - although on different sides of the world, as I live in Australia!

I have had a pretty tough time of it too lately..had 5 units of blood given to me just over a week ago for my problem..(My Hubby calls them Texas Chainsaw Massacre days after the gory movie!) I found that a sense of humour through all the sh*t we are going through really does help!
Rest where you can...you have a very supportive partner...my thoughts will be with you.
Sharon (Ozi)
Unread 03-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

Hi Sharon,

Yes supportive partners help so much and life does get better. I hope you stay well until your surgery and that it all goes smoothly.

Take care....Karen
Unread 03-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Frustrated and Fed-UP!

I know what it is like to be frustrated and fed up. I don't bleed non-stop, I get about one week in three off, but it's bad enough to drive me up the walls. I gave up on pads and tampons a long time ago, I needed to be able to move from the bathroom now and again, so I bought toddler sized disposable nappies (diapers?) and occasionally use full size incontinence pads. It's not ideal, but it has meant that I can get to the local shops and drive some distance without panicking. It's quite nice getting a full night's sleep too.
I am scheduled for TAH on 24th March and the thought of never having to buy another packet of nappies fills me with joy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register