Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous. Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous.

Unread 02-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous.

Firstly, I want to say how comforting this site is. There isn't any one I feel comfortable talking about this with. No One I know has gone throught this. Secondly, Thank you to Mjg51,Dreamin, Chemyn and Run-about for your responses to my post.

My pre-op was at a Major Medical Hospital in Boston today. With all the snow I was afraid it would be put off and my surgery rescheduled. The waiting is the worst part of going into a hosptial for this sort of thing. I have unfortunately had too much time under my belt with hospitals. Anyway, all went as expected. They drew extra blood for some study I said I would be happy to donate some for. I was going to have them take my blood for the operation but they said it was too close to the surgery date.

I really am not looking forward to having to go in the hospital period but I am having a very positive attitude about this. My husband and 8 year old are what keeping going. I need to be up for them.

Because tomorrow I can't really eat - just clear liquids after a light breakfast - have to take Fleet's Phospho-soda laxative -
Tonight I am indulging int pepperoni pizza and a ice cream sundae! I have tomorrow to pack my hospital bag for the 4 days I will be there as well as prepare for things in the house while I am gone. My husband is great at doing things but it should be humorous to see how he deals with all the things I usually have to help my little girl out with.

My family is out in Ohio - I have two sisters who I have told and are supportive in a helpful way - listening. My older sister hasn't even gone through memonpause - she is 53. I am 50. My younger sister is 42. My parents are elderly and I don't want to worry them - My Father had a heart attack last year - so I don't think they need to know until it is over. My husband's Mother is alive and she is a young 86! She will be frantic if we tell her so we are waiting until after as well. He told his sister and and she is 65 and hasn't had any female issues - just knows friends have had this sort of thing done. She is someone I find I don't like really talking to for support. My husband unfortunately forgot to tell her to not tell one. Now I am getting calls from her kids and I sure she is talking about it to her friends.
This is a personal thing and I really don't feel like be the topic of gossip so to speak. Sorry I am venting.
Any way I am so grateful for this Wonderful Site!!!!
to all of you hyster sisters.
P.S. Where can I find the list of abbreviations for what people are having done? I am having both ovaries, tubes and my uterus removed. Unless I change my mind and only want the one ovary and tube with the large mass removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous.

Hi EMHG89,

I'm glad your pre-op went well, and that you were able to get to the hospital OK. I have been watching the news and it's just amazing how much snow the Eastern Seaboard has had!!

I want to welcome you to Hyster Sisters and to say that although I am sorry that you are going to have to have surgery, I am glad that you found us.

I can understand that you didn't want your sister-in-law to tell everyone about your surgery, but I'm sure the reason that she did is because she cares about you and wanted to let people know to be keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.

Here's where to find the list of abbreviations.

Please keep on reading and posting any questions that you may have. We'll do our best to help.

's

Karen
Unread 02-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Re: Had my Pre-op this afternoon and Thank Yous.

Quote:
Originally posted by EMHG89

.....P.S. Where can I find the list of abbreviations for what people are having done? I am having both ovaries, tubes and my uterus removed. Unless I change my mind and only want the one ovary and tube with the large mass removed?
Hi there! s --- wanted to wish you the best as you undergo surgery - er, make this princess journey!

Here is another link ---to the INFO thread; click it and scroll down a bit; you'll see a bunch of abbreviations.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...php?forumid=23

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register