Scheduled LAVH t-minus 12 hours, hello nerves!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

t-minus 12 hours, hello nerves!! t-minus 12 hours, hello nerves!!

Unread 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
t-minus 12 hours, hello nerves!!

So we are on the final countdown. Bags packed, lists made, t's crossed I's dotted....now wait.

I wish I could just sleep and wake up when it is all over, I keep having mini panic attacks, wondering if everything is done. My husband says he can handle whatever may come along, but im still worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Re: t-minus 12 hours, hello nerves!!

Hang in there! This time tomorrow night you will be done with the waiting! Good luck!
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM

Good luck with your surgery. Your DH is right - he can handle what ever there is to do.

I know that it is difficult to let go, but you now need to be the . You will need to concentrate on healing after your surgery. You probably won't feel like doing much of anything anyway for a while.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:32 PM

Prayers for you.....
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM

I'm right there with you. In 8 hours I will be in surgery. I am the the point of freaking out. I have been emotional and teary all day today.

I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:04 PM

I had my surgery (TAH) last week and got weirdly calm and peaceful the week leading up to the surgery. I think I got myself calm by focusing on the following.. knowing this too shall pass and that my health will be better a few months down the road because of the surgery, let myself trust the doctors and my surgeon and know that it would be in there hands for a time (I surrendered control). I think focusing on the positive outcome helps a lot in dealing with nerves. I had horrible nerves for a couple months leading up to my surgery. Then I remembered my teenage self (I'm 49 now). When I was a teenager, I had surgery to repair an injury from an accident. I was not fearful at all. I tried to remember why. What I realized was that I was calm about surgery as a teenager was because I was completely focused on the outcome and was willing to deal with the temporary pain and discomfort to get the positive outcome. I switched back into that mode the week prior to my surgery and it helped immensely. I was calm. My surgery uneventful. Waking up in recovery was just fine, like waking up from a nap. The pain meds worked nicely. I let them give me a shot of estrogen to deal with my sudden surgical menopause so I'm not struggling with menopause while my body is attempting to heal and recover. That was a great decision it turns out. I'll figure out the whole hormone thing in the next couple of months and let the doctors give me the estrogen to feel better for the time being. I was so busy preparing for the surgery and recovery that I ran out of time to deal with the surgical menopause. Just have faith and you'll be fine! You can handle whatever is to come. You are strong enough to do so. And think of how you'll feel in 6 months... no fibroids, no bad periods, no anemia, no cancer, great outcomes!
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:57 AM

Prayers for a uneventful surgery, and speedy recovery, and that you are filled with peace this morning, as you head to and are at the castle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register