Effect of tipped uterus and length of swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Effect of tipped uterus and length of swelly belly Effect of tipped uterus and length of swelly belly

Unread 12-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Effect of tipped uterus and length of swelly belly

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I just read a post about swelly belly and I was wondering how long you are expected to have it and if wearing a support undergarment helps...when I had a previous surgery on my abdomen the dr told me that it would provide me with more support and it really seemed to work! I also noticed that one one of the members info that she had a hyster partially due to a tipped uterus and I was wondering why that would have a effect on a possible hyst since I have always been told that I had one but my dr doing my surgery made no mention of it having anything to do with it..does it have anything to do with recovery?Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2002, 01:45 PM

Hi Pawfect

I also had a tilted uterus and nothing was made of it.

Swelly belly stuck around for several weeks, then occurred only after I'd done too much activity. I'm just about four months post op and don't have the problem anymore. Please keep in mind that it varies from person to person.

Unread 12-25-2002, 05:54 PM

Pawfect:

Re: Tipped Uterus
In the past, most of my 9 gyns had mentioned that my uterus was really tipped back. My surgery was very quick. I don't think tipped or not is a factor unless possibly they expect that adhesions are tipping it back and it might take more time to clean those up? Just a thougt - I'm not a doc.

Re: Binder
I did use a tummy binder for about a week and a half. They put it on me after surgery and I only took it off to shower and to launder it. After about 2 weeks I found I did not need it as much. At 5 weeks today, I can't remember the last time I used it.

take care !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2002, 04:56 AM

I bought a couple pairs of light support panties. The first week or so home I couldn't wear them, after that I did wear them if I was going to be up and about for any length of time. It did feel good having everything supported. As time went on and I was wearing jeans again they also helped protect the tender areas before the swelly belly was gone.

Best wishes!
Unread 12-26-2002, 07:38 AM

Pawfect,

I had a tipped uterus as well. My dr did not mention it as a reason for my hyst at all.

I am 3 months post & still have *swelly belly*. It is disappearing very gradually & I expect it will be gone completely one of these days. It does seem to get worse when I increase my activity.

I did not wear any kind of support. Though, for the first couple of weeks it did feel better to press my tummy pillow against my ab when I walked. (Minimizes jiggling) I've seen a number of posts where ladies have said they wore light support & it helped. I have just chosen not to. (At first it hurt to have anything tight around my middle.)

I have just paid close attention to all of the warnings about overdoing it after surgery. Please do drink, walk & rest. Also, as someone else suggested, do only *half* of what you *feel* like doing! Excellent advice!

Take care & best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register