I need advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need advice I need advice

Unread 10-10-2006, 01:09 AM
I need advice

I have posted on here before that I have severe pain in my lower right side. I went to the doctor and he explained that the pain in my bikini line was probably nerves being stitched together into tissue and would get better after about another week. That pain has eased up but the pain in my lower abdomin seems to be getting worse. I want to call my doc/go to Er or something but I feel like it's all in my head and that they are going to think I'm crazy. I feel like I'm an inconvience and I don't want to be, I'm sure it's all just hormones making me feel this way but I don't know what to do. Should I call or just give it more time cause it's normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 05:14 AM
I need advice

I had alot of pain in the lower abdomen too right before having to have a bm. It could be everything moving through your system. If that is the problem, the pain will go away in a couple weeks after you heal. I would still check with a doctor though.
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I need advice

You are the only one that knows your own body. if you feel like something is wrong call.
I have had a pain in lower left side, went to the dr for it last week, he said all ok, could be a muscle or stitches torn, it really hurt, this week its much better.
but if its making you worry, call!
let us know how you are!
Unread 10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
I need advice

Brandi -

I think part of what causes this is the 'layered' internal stitches kind of pressing on each other. Where I was most tender, I could feel the layer below the top layer kind of pressing up. I didn't have really swelling, heat or fever that would have worried me.

I had this until the middle of my 5th week and on occasion still experience it, although more if I am on my feet alot during a day. It has gotten so very much better though.

Julie
Unread 10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
I need advice

Hi Halfling,

You are never an inconvenience when it comes to your health. We must be proactive in our healthcare. If it's bothering you, then call you doc and ask. You feel the pain...it's NOT in your head. Don't worry that they will think you're a bother when you call. It's better to call and get peace of mind than to wait until something possibly more serious happens.

Good luck to you. Call your doc and don't feel bad about it...after all, you're paying him for the service..it's his job.

Hugs, love and prayers!
Unread 10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
I need advice

Stop apologizing! Questions and sharing are how we all learn what is happening to us!

Your sig says you had endo. Did they tell you that they burned out or removed endo from your abdominal walls? That may be the source of much of the pain you feel there. I dealt with that off and on last year for quite a while. I have it again as the endo came right back to the same area but this time at least I know what it is. Its odd but I try to think of it like a nasty cut.....it hurts right from the get go, but sometimes as it heals the pain seems to focus more to one part of the cut, usually the center of it. Don't know why but that is how we heal here! lol With the change in your anatomy down there, it could also be the colon being cranky with more and different space to work in.

The mantra always though....when in doubt call your doctor's office and check in with them. I did today and feel much better for having done so.

Hang in there!!!

Karen
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
I need advice

Regneration of nerves and sensation can take a while. So you do need to be patient with that.

I had surgery a decade or so ago with a coast to coast abdominal incision. I have no sensation at all from my navel to my pubic bone. Sides are fine, just the straight line down and a little to each side of it is dead as a doorknob. The area on the sides took about 8 months to regain sensation.

Best wishes ~
Unread 10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I need advice

are you still having pain? I was as well. I took it easy for a few days now mine iss not as bad... I also took some gas x and had lots of gas too
Unread 10-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I need advice

ok, called doc and he had me come in. First of all, I have a severe bladder infection. It's so bad he's sending cultures in to a pathology lab. I'm not really sure why, but that's what he said. Second he said that he's not sure what the pain is, but that is might just be normal healing being intensified by the severe bladder infection. He said to give it awhile and if it's not better in a couple of weeks, he is going to do a CT Scan on that area to see if my metrium is stuck? Anyway, I'll let you know how everything goes as my cultures come back and such. He also gave me a new pain med to see if that will help the pain.
Unread 10-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I need advice

Hi there...quick question - How long after your hyst did you have pain when you had to have a BM?

I'm 3 weeks post TAH and I'm having BMs but every time I get ready to have one it hurts my pelvic area like the dickens while it moves through my intestines and while I go. Once I've went I'm ok....Most of my BMs are fairly soft too, so I don't think it's that they're too hard...any clue?

Thanks for your post

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register