Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

Unread 08-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

I love that you get instant, first-hand experiences from other sisters. I can make better decisons because the people here have gone through what I am asking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM

One thing that I love and adore about Hystersisters is simple: The fact that you can come here to discuss any possible surgical procedure (no matter how TMI it may be), how it all turned out, any complications you may have had, with no worry of how descriptive and/or gross it might be.....all with no embarassment or worry of what someone might think of you. The fact of the matter is everyone is here because we share things in common---the things that brought us all here. We have no worry that someone will read our words and think "Eww, how could they talk about that here?"
It's what makes this place as 'safe' as it is. And why the members keep returning long after they are considered 'post-op'.
I love this place!
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:56 PM

I learned so much about hysterectomy on this website that eased my mind before my surgery day! So many women on here go through the same thing and no question is a stupid question. I can not recall how I learned about this website I think one day I was on the internet looking up hysterectomy and came across this website which is a blessing from God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM

What I love about HysterSisters,
Being new to this site, I have found the people to just be wonderful, caring individuals. It is so nice to be able to talk to other women who have gone through the same thing that is happening to me. Thank you for starting such a wonderful group.
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM

This site is invaluable. I have recommended it to numerous women who are struggling with the decision of whether to have a hysterectomy or need advice regarding HRT.

Back in 1999, I had no information about hysterectomies, other than what my dr told me. All he told was the surgical side. I had browsed other websites about hysterectomies and many compared it to circumcision or chemical snorflation and talked about how their lives were ruined because of it. I was terrified to have the surgery. It was only after reading many posts here and seeing that real women with real stories could share the positives about the experience, that I was able to make an informed decision. The support afterwards was wonderful.

9 years later, facing a BSO was the same. The women on this site are so caring, helpful, well-informed and supportive, and you get to read such varying experiences. You meet so many wonderful ladies here who are eager to share advice and are so supportive especially when things are not going so well.

Thanks so much for this incredible website.
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:01 PM

I love sharing the 'been there, done that, lived that' experiences on this site....there is just so much practical info here that you cannot get from your physician or your well meaning friends and family....keep up the support!!!
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks Kathy!

What I love about this site is all the information from real people you can talk to. Experiences shared, tips passed along, explanations of complicated issues, recommendations, and the hostesses do a wonderful job. I can't imagine how scary my hyster would have been without knowing what to expect. I'm still getting great information about hormones. There is no other place like it.

Keep up the good work!
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:24 PM

what I love about Hyster sisters (one of many things) is the knowledge that I am NOT ALONE with this. no one better understands what I am going through than the hundreds of sisters on this site who have been there, done that! I thank GOD for the knowing I am not alone!
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Smile - Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

To all the ladies who decided to create this wonderful website of info and friendship...HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I truly wouldn't have recovered with out all my sisters. From the first day I joined, through all the good and the bad I've had a kindship I will never be able to find closer to home then on the WORLD WIDE Hystersister's Web!
The bonds I have created, the questions I have had(and gotten answers many many answers to) would not have possible without all who created this site! It is such a dear friend when your up in the AM-late PM, and you get responses about a variety of situations, that you would otherwise not share, because you didn't have the confidence to.
The Q&A for my Doc and my surgeon.....You'd thought that I was going to be awake during the procedure the way I waltzed in and did a play by play of how I thought it may work out....LOL That in itself is priceless, as we all need to be advocates in our own care!
When you can create a song that helps you in dire need of a BM, and laugh about it....that's true love!
There's nothing that can replace the feeling of submitting a thread and in a few hours knowing you have so much perspective, from someone who is going through the EXACT same situation. If they are not going through it, they will reply with information on this very site, that will help you through it!
I just simply can't say enough. My DH is appreciative as well, as I do not have to share with him as much in detail for what I had to prepare for, go through and continue to recover with. Every roller coaster of emotion I have shared with you Dear Hystersisters I will cherish forever. Thanks so much for creating this website. It is my sanity that has been saved! To know that I was not alone on this extraordinary journey is and will always be unforgettably priceless!

I've never been more honored in being crowned a princess!
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:21 AM

My favoriate thing about HS is that it is available 24/7. No doctor or friend who may have dealt with issues surrounding a hysterectomy can beat that kind of availablity.

From considering the type of treaments available to support for the emotional aspects of a variety of procedures, HysterSisters is ready to provide insight any day, at anytime of the day or night. That benefit is invaluable. What a brilliant idea!

Thanks HysterSister! You have been my "best friend" for the past few months and will probably be my BFF for years to come. Happy Birthday!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register