dVH/RALH shoulder pain post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

shoulder pain post hysterectomy shoulder pain post hysterectomy

Unread 06-09-2014, 11:24 PM
shoulder pain post hysterectomy

My shoulder pain hit at about 9pm and is making it hard to sleep. I'm still in the hospital and the pain killers aren't helping this.
Anything I can request that might help?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Re: shoulder pain post hysterectomy

I am sorry you are hurting. My shoulder hurt after my surgery too. I thought for sure it was how they strapped me down to the table. It took several days for it to go away.
Unread 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Sorry to hear you are having the shoulder pain. I'm 6 days post op and had shoulder pain from day 1 to day 4. I also seeked advice from others on the pain and the best advice was to walk to help the gas make it's way out your body since the pain is from the gas they put in your body to enlarge your abdominal and to put heat on it either a heating pad or a hot shower helped. Hope this advice helps you and hope you feel better sooner then later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2014, 09:40 AM

I'm sorry it hurts! I had the same issue. Some say heat helps relieving their pain, some say cold compresses. I used a heating pad and it provided some relief.

Good luck!
Unread 06-10-2014, 09:46 AM

My shoulder pain was horrible from days 1-4 and then got better. I found the most relief by laying on the side that was worse and being pretty still. Sitting was very bad. Walking wasn't as bad as sitting, but still not good. Going from one position to another, it would get particularly awful.

I was very glad for this board then, because my doc never mentioned things like shoulder pain or stomach swelling.
Unread 06-10-2014, 01:06 PM

I had the shoulder pain also. It would come and go and was sometimes worse than any surgery paid. Painkillers didn't affect it. My daughter had bought me one of those plastic three pronged vibrating back massagers several months prior at Walmart so she could give me a back massage. I found that really helped. I would set it on my shoulder for 10 minutes or so and it worked wonders. Best $3 ever spent.
Unread 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Sorry youre hurting...i have fibro so i still am experiencing arm shoulder pain n today starts my 3rd week post op. Warm heat helps mine they even brought me warm wraps in hospital.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register