Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!? Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!?

Unread 07-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!?

Thank you all for your support! I'm just playing the waiting game for my pre op on the 30th 😁😁😁😁. I just can't help that I'm freaking out. I think it's more of the whole process than the surgery itself. I had a very dear and close friend of mine pass away on hospice in a hospital and now all I do is associate hospitals with her and I just don't wanna be in that hospital bed and can't be in control. I'm sorry off topic but I think that's what's wrong with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2015, 06:19 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!?

I'm really nervous too and going through all if the what if's! Try to be positive, I'll try too.
Unread 07-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!?

taz31 thank you! I'm trying!!!
Unread 07-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy (LAVH) but possibly may turn into abdominal due to c-section can anyone relate?!?!?

I had a LAVH on June 30. I had a c-section and gallbladder surgery so I was dealing with the possibility of having to be TAH. I was able to have it LAVH. My uterus was scarred to my bladder and I had alot of adhesions and everything worked out. All the what if's will drive you insane before surgery. Good luck to you and positive thoughts!!!
Unread 07-15-2015, 12:35 PM

I had a laparoscopy done a little over a year ago. I was shocked that after 2 c-sections, he did not see one bit of scar tissue. Eight months ago I had my gallbladder removed, and he also saw no scar tissue.

So don't think that previous surgery automatically means scar tissue
Unread 07-15-2015, 10:09 PM

That's awesome! Hoping the same for me
Unread 07-16-2015, 05:39 AM

Byteme, did you do anything special to your incisions that you ended up with no scar tissue?
Unread 07-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgwhitt View Post
Hi my name is Hannah I am 25 years old and due to PCOS And barley having periods every month my doctor and I have decided that it maybe best I have a hysterectomy. I was just originally going to get my tubes tied but then me asked have I thought about a hysterectomy. I told him yes bc I barley have periods every month sometimes I go anywhere from 6-9 months with no period. I have to take provera often just to be able to shed blood. To me it's not a true period. Anyway we discussed this and he said he will try to do the LAVH but with my past c-section scar he doesn't know if he would have to open me up or not. Has anyone ever experienced this? I really don't want to be opened up again but if I have to then it will be ok. I have an emergency c section with my son and I made it just fine I pushed through the pain pretty well due to him being in the NICU FOR A MONTH! Just need some insight please
Hi Hannah...yes I can relate. I had 3 c-sections with lots of scar tissue and so I too shared your worry before my surgery. But my surgeon was able to do my hysterectomy laparoscopically with just one incision through the belly button.
Unread 07-18-2015, 08:10 AM

Just wanted to add to the voices of those who had TAHs with no problems. I'm not keeping score, but if I look at the post-hysterectomy boards, it doesn't seem to me that women who've had one type of hysterectomy are more or less likely to have problems than women who've had another type.

My concern would be spending too much time under anaesthesia. My operation lasted only 50 minutes, and I actually developed hypothermia while I was under. I would want the doctors to do the job and get it over with, not spend time trying to figure out which procedure to use.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register