Thinking to much, what to wear? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thinking to much, what to wear? Thinking to much, what to wear?

Unread 12-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Re: Thinking to much, what to wear?

I had sweats, a tshirt, and slip on mocs that I wore to the hospital and back home. Comfort is the name of the game!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Buy pants that are one size bigger than you are...my belly is soooo swollen all I cAn wear 2days post op is panties and a tshirt all my pajamas are tight now due to swelly belly...ughhh when does it go down is what I wanna know??
Unread 12-12-2010, 06:42 AM

Thank you all for the great ideas! Not like I need an excuse to go shopping but,,,, I went yesterday and got some pajama bottoms, big soft t-shirts, zip hoodie and slippers. I also bought some real cool bras. They are one piece and almost like a sports bra but not as constricting. Like wearing one of those bra-top camis.
Tomorrow is B-prep day and Tuesday is it! Suppose to get really cold here, well cold for Florida, 20's on the way to the hosp...burrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothead64 View Post
I know that I am overthinking this all to much but...What are good clothes to pack for going home from the hospital? Should I bring pajama pants or sweats? If I bring something decent will there be a chance to ruin it with,um, fluids? I'm just trying to cover all the bases.
I know I am being anal but I'm such a planner! Guess I can't stand all this unknown.....

Hothead,
I worried about the same thing. I am wearing the same outfit to and from. PJ pants and a sleep shirt. I purchased two big sleep shirts from Lane Bryant and got another nice one from Dress Barn. I have some slippers I am taking too, they look like regular shoes but they are so comfortable.
Got my candy for the nurses', my chapstick and my bag o'stuff, so I am ready. Had my post op Friday, my pre surgery prep!!! Yeah! I amgoing to a meeting/ Christmas party with my Passion Party sisters (yes I do those parties) to take my mind off the sand slipping through the hour glass.
It seems like I have been waiting forever for this time to get here. Now it is and I am, I don't know, spaced out.
I just want to get this over with..
See you on the other post!
blondie
Unread 12-12-2010, 08:10 AM

I'm another one who wore the same thing to and from the hospital. I wore drawstring sweatpants (I avoided elastic because I was worried it would be constricting on the way home) and a hooded sweatshirt along with slip-on shoes.

I did take a clean pair of undies to wear home, although I would have been perfectly fine if I hadn't.

While I was in the hospital, I wore the gowns and robes they provided so I didn't have to worry about any icky stuff.

When I got home, I pretty much rolled right out of the car and into bed, and I was very glad to be wearing something comfy.

Unread 12-12-2010, 11:11 AM

Best of luck to everyone having surgery this week!! It will all be over before you know it!

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:13 PM

I am having Surgery Feb. 15 and was wondering what to wear also. My problem is my feet are too narrow for Crocs. I am going to get some slippers that are slide on with fur inside. Was thinking about same thing to and from the castle. My doctor has told me that I will come home the same day. I am glad that I get to come home that day. I have never had any surgery or hospitalizations. Good Luck with all of your surgeries.
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:03 AM

I wore men's track pants & t-shirt to & from castle. Men's pants are cut wider in the waist than women's. I took some pj's, but decided to just stay in hospital gowns while there.

My incision did leak a little & got on my panties & gown. Not much ooze, but enough to stain them. The castle provides pads, like the ones used 40 years ago, so I took my own stash. Glad I did. Wore my pads & panties after the catheter came out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register