TAH having to be opened up again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

having to be opened up again having to be opened up again

Unread 10-09-2011, 12:31 PM
having to be opened up again

hi just wondering if anyone else come across this
im now day 15 post op..
but having to go back in hosp tomoro to be opened up and restitched again :-(
my wound about 2 inches of it has been stapled wrong, the inside of me has been stapled onto outside its raw skin that bleeds and weeps alot .. went to my doc on friday as i wasnt happy ..he couldnt believe it and got onto the hosp straight away to complain...

let me know what u think

x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Re: having to be opened up again

Oh my dayzzzzzzz

How horrible..like u havnt been thru enuff already.....this must have jusst added to your stress...!!!!

hugs babe...xxxxxx
Unread 10-09-2011, 01:00 PM

I am sorry you are having problems with your incision. I had issues with an incision after a laprotomy before I had my tah/bso. The wound would not heal, just kept bleeding. The doctor at one point taped a kotex across my belly to hold the blood. Eventually I had to have the wound reopened and hematomas drained. The would was not reclosed, it was left open to heal from the inside out. I don't blame anyone, it was one of those things. One never knows how the body will react to surgery and how the incisions will heal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM

hi ty for your reply .... im getting a bit worked up and nervous ....
i really dont know what to do ...can anyone help
xx
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM

My advice would be to simply go back and get it fixed. You need to heal and you don't need to be stressed over this. Complications can and do happen. It is good thing that this is something that can be fixed. Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:48 PM

I'm sorry you're having to go through this!! Hopefully once it's done your recovery will be totally smooth from here. In the meantime, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way!
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Hi youngatheart46 I am sorry you have to go thru all that again so soon my heart and throughts go out to you. Good luck tomorrow and think positive!!!! Hugs and Kisses
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Ty all ... I just want 2moro over and done with then can start the recovery over again ... my bladder isn't good either they have done something to it cos my tubes were stuck to it .. now I'm wetting myself ..a lot I mean which I wasn't before ... its so annoying to have this happening ..
I'm just so happy to have great kids and fabulous boyfriend who help a lot..
Ty for your thought and prayers xx
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:44 PM

hi folks
well day day 16
went to hosp waited 2 hours after apt time was not happy ... swwn by a doc who was not really happy with all i told her about wound and bladder and bowel... she asked for consultants registra to have a look .....well she just dismissed the whole thing saying wound was suposed to be like that ...bladder was right to do it... and bowel we'll give you an enema..... bloody marvelous....so she said see you in 2 months ....well i went to see complaints people got forms so im making notes of who when n where and waiting to get things in order for it...
last night was bad in middle of night ... i wet the bed then before i could get to toilet i had wet myself big time .....and the registra said thats normal :-(
let me know what you all think ...
xx
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Hi,
Can you go to a different hospital? Can you go with your dr- the one that said your were stitched up wrong in the first place? It seems to me if you are having such trouble, something must ne wrong. I hope you can find a solution soon- and NO wetting the bed does not sound "normal" to me, sounds like the person you spoke with at the hospital just does not want to admit they may have made a mistake. I am sorry you are going through this.
Merr

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register