Return to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Return to work Return to work

Unread 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Return to work

Well, I made it through my first full day back! I could tell I was running on empty around 1:00, but we have computer lab at 2:00, so I got a chance to sit and rest at the end of the day. Faculty meeting was one big snore, though, as we had to listen to a really lame audiotape about (yawn...) ethics. I just zoned out completely.

I saved my stocking time for after school because I was pretty sure my legs would need some TLC after school. They didn't feel too bad, but they were really happy to see their friends, the stockings. They are thanking me right now!

My room was a mess and my stupid sub stole all of my post-it notes! Can you believe it? I have my students write notes and questions on the stickies while they are reading and stick them in their books for discussion circles later. When I went to get my post-its, they were all GONE! All of the pretty rainbow color and heart shaped post-its I bought were GONE! Kids said they saw her put them in her bag. She told them she was going to use them to grade their papers. They said they never saw them again!

12 boxes of colored pencils are gone, too. My students are impoverished and we get supplies donated from local businesses. I never have enough colored pencils, so when they went on sale this summer for $.99, I bought up a bunch of them. I put 12 out at tables at the beginning of the year and put 12 in my supply cabinet for second semester. Yah - they're GONE! OMG, that woman was a clepto!

I have no idea what else is missing. It'll probably only reveal itself as I need it! Lesson learned? NEVER GET SICK AND MISS SCHOOL AGAIN or TELL PRINCIPAL TO NEVER, EVER LET THAT WOMAN IN MY CLASSROOM AGAIN!

Ooooohhh. I bet my blood pressure is soaring right now. Do you think the compression stockings can keep my head from exploding?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Return to work

Bonnie, did you try the stockings on your head for the b.p.???
Unread 10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Return to work

I work in a job that has me on my feet for 5 or 6 hours. Should I wear my stockings when I go back to work? Do you think it will help? I know by the end of the day I won't be very comfortable.

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Return to work

I returned to work this week (3-4 hours/day). I go back to dr for post op check next week. I'm feeling great. Although I do get a bit tired around 2:00 p.m. so I take a cat-nap of 30-45 minutes. The only bad thing is that it messes up my night-time routine, and I'm not sleepy!
Unread 10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Return to work

Barb - compression stockings come in varying degrees, from light and supportive for tired legs to the heavy duty beauties I wear to prevent DVTs. If your legs are achy, you might try some light ones for extra support. They really are nice and make your legs feel gooood at the end of the day. I wouldn't wear the high compression ones if you have no problems with DVTs or other circulation problems.

Love 2 crop - lucky you, what kind of job do you have that you can nap at 2:00? I've been napping after school all three days this week. That explains why I am still on the computer at 10:30 pm when I should be sleeping. Yah - 5:30 am arrives earlier and earlier for me. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it?

Frenchy - no they didn't help. My head popped. What a mess!!!!!!! There was a lotta brains up there!!! HA! But we took benchmarks in math unit 2 today. The first unit was with that crazy woman. Class average was 53%. 1/2 days for 6 days with me and students scored 81%! Oh yeah, I'm getting the big head again! D--n, I'm good!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register