Myofascial release therapy for adhesions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Myofascial release therapy for adhesions? Myofascial release therapy for adhesions?

Unread 01-14-2002, 03:11 PM
Myofascial release therapy for adhesions?

I'm still trying to get the courage up for a hysterectomy, until then while at the physical therapist for a neck problem (tension), I mentioned how much pain I'm in from my adhesions, the therapist thought that myofascial release therapy might help to loosen me up a little till I get in to have the surgery. Anybody ever heard of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Myofascial release therapy for adhesions?

Hi..I looked did a little search on google.com on myofascial release therapy. Here is what I found:

http://www.drlowe.com/myofascial/gen.../myofthrpy.htm

Hope this helps!

s

Sherry
Unread 01-14-2002, 03:59 PM
Hyster Sister since 5/8/01

Had my hysterectomy on May 8th, 2001. Best thing I ever did! I had been "sick" for almost 15 years, but couldn't find a doc who would help me. (I was too young, it was all in my head, etc.) By the time I finally found a doc who really checked me out AND I was "old enough", my uterus was enlarged, almost turned upside down, pressing on my bladder and was full of fribroids. I was "gushing" so bad that I was actually afraid to go to church for fear that I would ruin the padded pews. The fribroids were evidently a genetic family thingee since Mom and all her sisters had it too (told the docs about this, but no one paid attention!!!). The moral to my story is this: you alone know what your body is doing. Keep telling until you get someone to listen. Remember, the "squeaky noise gets the oil". In closing--for heaven's sake--if a doctor tells you that you need to have your bladder "tied up", don't do it! I had mine done and it was worse than the hysterectomy AND it didn't help! God bless! Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register