Post-op day 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op day 6 Post-op day 6

Unread 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Post-op day 6

Hello Sisters!!,

June 1st, had a LAVH. All went well. In hospital at 6a.m., surgery at 7:30a.m., in recovery at 10a.m. and in my room by noon. I love my doctor! She is awesome! All my nurses were fabulous. I had a morphine drip and they gave me a shot of Tordal on Monday to control pain. I didnt sleep good the first night due to discomfort from the cathater and packing. My doctor came in on Tues. a.m. and took both out. She said someone REALLY packed me hard. Once both were out, pain levels went way down. I asked what I had to do to go home; walk, pee, pass gas and eat. I did that and went home on Tues. afternoon. It is now Sunday, June 6th. I have good days and bad days. My husband and kids have been wonderful!! I dont know if it will last much longer, I think my husband is starting to get crabby....but I told him that this will take a while to heal!!
Ladies, REST AND TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS!!! It makes a big difference. At first I didnt think I need the pain meds...how dumb! Felt better with them and helps our lovely bodies heal!
I would do this again in a heartbeat, this is part of the new me (got a makeover before surgery). I cannot wait to be all healed!
Good Luck to all of you!!

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Re: Post-op day 6

CJ,

Sounds like you are on a good path to healing! The husband and kids will be ok! I'm sure you've done a lot for them over the years, you banked up "i love you bucks" now it's time to cash them in! Meds are very important. And if you think you are going to be ok at week 3, ha ha ha ha...you may feel better on the outside or in your head, but your body will quickly let you know that it's too soon to be doing too much at all!
Good luck. And congrats on making to this side! ENJOY!!!
Unread 06-07-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Lane View Post
CJ,

Sounds like you are on a good path to healing! The husband and kids will be ok! I'm sure you've done a lot for them over the years, you banked up "i love you bucks" now it's time to cash them in! Meds are very important. And if you think you are going to be ok at week 3, ha ha ha ha...you may feel better on the outside or in your head, but your body will quickly let you know that it's too soon to be doing too much at all!
Good luck. And congrats on making to this side! ENJOY!!!
Lola makes the point I try to keep making--even if you feel good, please take it as easy as you can. I'm 12 days post-op, virturally no incision pain to mask the pain of as one lady said best "having my insides put thru a blender". My pain is fortunately, quite mild, but it reminds me of what I've been through and that I need to take it slow!

As I keep saying to Sisters, this is NOT the time to be tough and show how fast you've healed. It's not like when you were anemic or having terrible periods and just had to push through and show people you weren't going to let it get you down. You have a chance to honor your body and give it what it needs to heal -- let's get it right the first time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm also 6 days post op. Today was a really TIRED day for me. Had a great day yesterday - prob. making up for it!
At this point, I wouldn't give up the pain meds for anything. I wonder if my doc. will renew my prescription when I run out?
Colleen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register