Hot Flashes w// Deppresion almost 6wk post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hot Flashes w// Deppresion almost 6wk post-op Hot Flashes w// Deppresion almost 6wk post-op

Unread 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Hot Flashes w// Deppresion almost 6wk post-op

Im not sure what I should be feeling like at almost 6wks. Ive had my 4wks post-op with obgyn and I am cleared to go back to my part time job next week. I will see him again the begining of April. I was giving 50mg of Zoloft ( which has been alot for me to take at once ) so ive been taking only 1/2
I have good day's and bad days and seem to be up & down . Sometimes I have just cried over the littlest things. Obgyn is hoping the zoloft w/ the premarin will help keep me blanced out. I dont want to be on anything long term.
I Have The Flashes At Night Where I Feel Very HOT then seconds later it will be cold I forgot to talk to my Dr. about that and im not sure what I can do to help that ! This all feels like a big emontional roller coaster for me. I understand things take time, I just want get back to me again and not wonder what moods im going to be having from one day to the next. Any Suggestions ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Re: Hot Flashes w// Deppresion almost 6wk post-op

I was put on Zoloft and Buspar, I decided that I'm not going to be dependent on meds so I am weaning myself off them and taking B12 and 5-HTP for anxiety and mood swings. I have a friend who is into natural supplements and she told me that evening primrose is good for hot flashes. I don't need to take that, I haven't had a hot flash since the surgery. Hope this information helps you.
Unread 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM

My husband would like for me to not depend on the Zoloft. I do not plan on that being a long term plan for me.... Im normally a happy & outgoing perosn, but here lately its been so up one day then down the next
Thanks For Your Adivse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM

You're welcome, I have a little down side making the switch from Zoloft to the 5-HTP, but I was fine most of the day until I felt a rushed at work. I started getting upset and felt weird. I am also suffering from a cold that I have had for nine days, so maybe the weird feeling is from that. I'll take another 1/2dose of the 5-HTP tomorrow. It's going to take a few days to have total effect of it anyways. I'll let you know how it is working for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register