12 Weeks was MY magic number | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Weeks was MY magic number 12 Weeks was MY magic number

Unread 01-12-2006, 07:24 PM
12 Weeks was MY magic number

Hi Ladies --

I thought I would update you on my progress.

It has been about 13 weeks since my TAH.

It seems like when you are post op it feels like you will never be the same again. I am here to say that it took me longer than I thought it would, but I can honestly say that I am now WELL. Not only am I not the same again, I am BETTER.

FINALLY.

I am WELL. I am HEALTHY. I am back to exercising VIGOROUSLY.

Swelly belly is almost a thing of the past. It rears its ugly head when I have been quite active. The shelf "thingy" is not quite a thing of the past, but almost. I have been doing lots of situps so hopefully it will go away soon. There is just a small ridge left now.

Please listen to your doctor. Do not do what you are not supposed to. You will pay for it later.

Sex. Wow. What else can I say? Sex is an absolute joy. I worried so much. It took until week 9 until it was totally pleasureable. Now, it simply can bring tears to my eyes that it just doesn't hurt anymore.

My husband. My husband is quite simply the most wonderful man I have ever met. Going on this journey with him let me understand the depth of my love for him and his love for me.

Sometimes I don't think we realize how horrible we have been feeling until we feel well and whole again.

Hystersisters. Today, for the first time I signed up to be a Crown Jewel member. As I look back at the past three months and remember all I went through, the ONLY thing that kept me sane was hystersisters. No one else understood what I was going through. Friends were not there like I thought they would be. Even the ones who were there, didn't have a CLUE. In the first month after my TAH I was on this site for HOURS.

Thank you for this website and all the relevant information you provide to us. Thank you for the sisterhood that is here. I may not log in as much as I did in the beginning, but I am grateful you are all here.

Much love to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 09:51 PM

bump
Unread 01-12-2006, 10:04 PM

You give my hope that there is light and the end of this looooong tunnel. I only have 2weeks under my belth and was just thinking today "how long before I feel normal again"!!! You have put a bright spot in my day..Thanks

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 10:09 PM

u r most welcome!!! Two weeks is just the tip of the iceberg..................hang in there!!! You WILL come out the other side.
Unread 01-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Thanks...I will think about your tight "swelly belly" and dream about future pilates classes!!

Wendy
Unread 01-12-2006, 10:26 PM

I hope you're not just teasing us - there REALLY is recovery?!? :

Thank you for letting us in on your progress. It gives the rest of us who have a ways to go yet hope.
Unread 01-12-2006, 11:15 PM

Ceeceerose, your post is an absolute joy! thankyou.
I am only? 8wks and feel as if the road is so much longer
than I was led to believe. You give me hope.

I am improving though, now back to work (and it has been such a full on week) and exercising is much easier now. But have a slight hic-cup worrying I may have an infection. Will check with Dr (again) next week.
There is so much I want to do and am looking forward to, and yet
tonight I am bone weary and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I know I have made great progress since my op, and my recovery has been relatively straight forward. Hopefully a weekend will set me right to tackle the next week. I look forward to feeling like you!
cheers
Unread 01-12-2006, 11:28 PM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! I really needed to read some positive insight as what the future holds. I am 6 wks and feeling like I will never be the same. Can't imagine being physically active like I was before. I just want to be able to run, twist and jump. After reading your thoughts, it really does give me hope
Enjoy your healthy new self!!...mitch1129
Unread 01-13-2006, 12:29 AM

I loved your post. You said it so well. I am 12.5 weeks and I couldn't have put it better. I'm thrilled to feel well, healthy and better too.
It was a long road but we've finally arrived!!!!
Thanks again for a great post.
Virginia
Unread 01-13-2006, 01:30 AM

What an uplifting thread - thank you for that. I can't wait to feel that way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register