Total hysterectomy upcoming | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total hysterectomy upcoming Total hysterectomy upcoming

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Total hysterectomy upcoming

I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy on Sept. 10. I have had about two weeks to prepare and am on information overload. I have felt like I have been in a different world (all alone) for the past week. It's really nice to know I'm not the only one afraid of losing my sex drive and gaining weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2008, 03:42 AM

hi laritchie. I am also going in on the 10th but in Australia. Scared like everyone about the normal things, weight, sex, pain. So sick of waiting. Glad I work for myself as I have so much work to do before the long drive to the castle.
Good luck. Will look for u in post op forum.
Unread 09-06-2008, 06:32 AM

I have been waiting a month already and still 19 more days to go. The waiting is bad but I am keeping myself busy nesting, getting my house prepared for mom/wife/me to recover peacefully in.

I'm not so nervous at the moment but I bet in another two weeks that will change!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Everyone is scared of the unknown. No one heals the same and it puts us all in a vulnerable state. I was the same way before my Hyst. always thinking everything was going to be different and the only thing that is different is my sex life, it's better and no pain. Hopefully any fears that you have is not to mind boggling. Remember we are hear to listen and hopefully help out with our own experiences. Good luck to you all and wishing you all a speedy and pain-free surgery and recovery.
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laritchie
I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy on Sept. 10. I have had about two weeks to prepare and am on information overload. I have felt like I have been in a different world (all alone) for the past week. It's really nice to know I'm not the only one afraid of losing my sex drive and gaining weight.
I know where you are, except I am not having a total hysterectomy. I am keeping my cervix (scary since I had cancer 14 years ago) and my overies. This is all new to me since I have only had symptoms for about 5 months, but like you I have had only 3 weeks notice for surgery which is scheduled for Sept 11.

I am sooo glad to hear I am not the only one put on the fast track.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register