switch from oral progesterone to cream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

switch from oral progesterone to cream switch from oral progesterone to cream

Unread 06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
switch from oral progesterone to cream

HI ALL,
I'm 10 weeks post op total hyst, and started a compounded progesterone cream 50 mg per day. I was taking a bio-identical pill prior to that and made the switch 2 days ago to the cream. I use 1/8 tsp in a.m. and 1/8 tsp at night. I'm not any less anxious which is a big problem for me. I did lower my testosterone cream which I had been on for 2 1/2 weeks due to waking up and feeling too much libido. Anyway I wonder if I need more progesterone or should wait and see how it goes. I use it on wrists, inner arms, behind knees even read to put on neck but pharmacist wasn't sure about that one. any comments??
Kirstensis
I need to be calmer!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Re: switch from oral progesterone to cream

As I think I have advised you before, you need to give any change to your hrt some time for your body to adjust. Especially during the early months post op. For many of us, balance does not happen overnight and the early months can be a time of many ups and downs. Patience really is a virtue in the jungle One of the mistakes I made was to start tweaking at the first sign of a symptom. It took me much longer than it needed to find balance because I did too much tweaking in the beginning. I was looking for perfection in the beginning, in hindsight I now know that just wasn't going to be possible.

Unread 06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Re: switch from oral progesterone to cream

Thanks Kim,
I love your advice. I guess I just need reassurance sometimes. Anxiety is really scary and it's gone up during this Post Op process. I thought since I was on progesterone since surgery and have read that the cream works better than the pill as far as absorption I thought it could be the answer to my prayers. I AM a perfectionist with high expectations and I just have to try and stay positive and stay with it without trying to control what I can't. I overthink things and tend to 'jump the gun' so to speak. This is a growth opportunity for me as a person I guess. It's hard to know what symptoms to live with for awhile and what to go running to the Dr about. Let me know your thoughts when you have time.
Thanks for responding.
Kirstensis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register