trouble sleeping and getting comfortable... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

trouble sleeping and getting comfortable... trouble sleeping and getting comfortable...

Unread 07-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Re: trouble sleeping and getting comfortable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKsister View Post
I used loads and loads of pillows too after my TAH. I like sleeping on my side and find it difficult to get comfortable lying on my back. I was propping myself up on 3-4 pillows, 1 on each side to stop me rolling over to the side and another one under my knees to keep them bent. DH had to leave the bed for a while as there wasn't enough room for him with all the pillows!
My DH feels the same way. But he did say he would rather me be comfy than him so bless his heart. Last night I even stole the one pillow he was allowed while he was asleep. I'm evil like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia1077 View Post
My DH feels the same way. But he did say he would rather me be comfy than him so bless his heart. Last night I even stole the one pillow he was allowed while he was asleep. I'm evil like that
I like it!!!! I'm sure you needed it more than he did!
Unread 07-31-2010, 02:39 PM

I have a heating pad in my recliner where I sleep and it helps ALOT. I have been in the recliner since November so I am used to it. I had a liver resection (60% of liver removed) in November and it was awful so I had to learn to sleep in the recliner. I am used to it now. My legs are really restless and it feels like I will go crazy sometimes because I want to just kick around, but it passes. I have found sleep really comes easy when I take advil PM. It really really works. I only use it a few times a month, but I will use it when I need it. The pain pills make me feel "good" so I take them a few times a week. I love me some red wine and that helps too. Duplin Carolina Red is wonderful red wine(sweet). I hope you get some rest. The body needs rest in order to heal. God Bless..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 06:01 PM

I am 5 days post op and that is the main prob I have, trying to get comfortable to sleep. I am also a side sleeper, but haven't been able to get comfortable. If my side and belly is ok, my butt and back hurt. I am using a lot of pillows too, but seem to lose them off the bed through the night,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register