Worried about CHARITY? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about CHARITY? Worried about CHARITY?

Unread 12-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Worried about CHARITY?

THen you need to reflect back on your life and change that attitude ladies. I want to show you all a part of my life. My mom was 43 when I was born. It took her 16 years to have a successful pregnancy. As a child I remember in December she'd bake cake after cake and more cookies than I could count. She'd take me with her on her 'deliveries' to women who were unable to bake for the holidays. Mama had moderate arthritis at the time and a lot of times I had to empty the batter into the cake pan because it was too heavy for her. The receivers weren't necessarily from church. Just someone she would hear about needing help. Have you ladies ever taken food to a family who had experienced a death? Have you given or received a ride from someone needing to pick up their car at the shop? Switched schedules with someone at work who needed a day off? What it boils down to ladies is we're all one big sisterhood. Didn't it feel good to do something for others? I'm in the same boat a lot of you are. Out of work, little money, low on food. You get the picture. If we need help we have to ask for it or no one knows we need it. And there's no reason to be ashamed. I doubt if there's any sister out there who hasn't helped or needed help at some time. Yesterday I called the owner of a local store to ask around about deer meat. Next week I plan to contact a few churches nearby and ask for help with canned meat. My mom taught me a lot about "pay it forward." When she passed away 5 years ago one of the women she had "helped" gave me a card with $30. Others brought food to my house. The lady who gave me the money lost her hubby to cancer and I baked a 10 lb. pork chop casserole. My point is-don't consider it charity. You've already paid your dues or will help someone yourself when you can. Take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Worried about CHARITY?

Dreamweaver - You've said this so beautifully. We have to remember that the bible says that to give to someone benefits the giver more than the receiver! The opportunity to help someone is a blessing!

I pray your surgery goes well and you recover quickly!
Unread 12-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Worried about CHARITY?

Thanks so much for your story and reminding us what our time here on this planet is meant to teach us.

I've heard it said that most of us are only 3 paychecks away from homelessness. So, while we may be in a position of health and abundence today, we can so easily be in a position of needing some type of help tomorrow. That might just be a ride to pick up our car at the service station, but it could also be needing food to hold us over until the next week.

I think we also need to remember to do it in the spirit that we want to give and then let it go. Don't expect to receive something in return.

Joan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register