Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning sensation right before and after climax.  Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23 Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23

Unread 05-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23

Im hoping this is the proper place to post this. Although I am pre- hysterectomy (May 23) on April 11 I had my left ovary and tubes removed. At my post op check up pathology revealed possible cancer remained thus May 23. But also at that check up the doctor cleared me for intimacy. So although it was scary we took it slow and all was well up until just before our climax and right after it. A strange burning sensation. I thought it might just be vaginal dryness but even when well lubercated it still happens. I'm distressed because I've never felt this before and have alwayed enjoyed a great love life. So with my hysterectomy looming I'm a bit concerned. I've read about vulvodynia as well as vaginismus or dyspareunis. Anyone else having this issue. Help ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Re: Intimacy issue: Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia?

i would call your dr and tell him...it possibly could be bacterial vaginosis. that causes burning. it is treatable with antibiotics and isn't uncommon after surgery.
Unread 05-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Re: Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23

Hi liteninbug -

Definitely talk to your doctor ASAP and let them know what is going on. They should know about this before your surgery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Burning sensation right before and after climax. Vulvodynia? Worried with upcoming hysterectomy 5/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue View Post
i would call your dr and tell him...it possibly could be bacterial vaginosis. that causes burning. it is treatable with antibiotics and isn't uncommon after surgery.
Hi ladies and thank you for responding.
I spoke to the nurse a few days ago and she asked me specific questions as to it possibly being some kind of infection, but there are no symptoms of an infection. No discharge or change in any feminine odor, no inching and the burning isn't constant. She seemed to think it may be dryness but it seems so odd. So I thought I'd just put it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts or had experienced this before. I've read that vulvodynia may be a kind of nerve disorder that sends false signals to the brain. But the burning isn't constant so I'm a little baffled with all of this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register