Anyone else paranoid about vag 'falling out'? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else paranoid about vag 'falling out'? Anyone else paranoid about vag 'falling out'?

Unread 07-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Re: Anyone else paranoid about vag 'falling out'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo in London View Post
Thanks, Fep. I wasn't told about any stitching my cuff to anything, so I just imagine it floating about, anchorless, as it were. Hmmmm. must investigate (but don't have my post-op check for ages as heading to US at end of month!)
cheers
cleo
I'm 100% sure it is not just floating there. The ligiments that held your uterous in place will now hold your vigina in place. My doctor told me if they did not do that, it would just fall out, lol. I laughed my butt off when she told me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2009, 02:26 PM

OMG! I can just see it floating around . . . brings new meaning to the vagina monologues! Hilarious!
Unread 07-03-2009, 06:19 PM

I am 4 days post LAVH-- I am terribly backed up, and have wondered if my fear of pushing too hard has been helping to keep it that way! I'm glad to hear that it's tacked up in there-- I too imagined it floating around and coming out when I pushed!! Thank You!!

I have tried Miralx since Wednesday, glycerin suppositories since than also, and finally took ex-lax today-- I'm hoping for relief before bed tonight!!

If it wasn't for that I feel great!! No pain pills since Wednesday-- and then I wasn't on Narcotics :-) I credit a very experienced doctor!

Good luck with your healing!

Kathi
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:32 PM

Oh Cleo....you are not alone!! I was concerned, and sorry for TMI, that when intimate with hubby that my vagina would exit with him...LOL!! Thankfully, I read the surgical report to see that in fact it was suspended by ligaments!! Who knew to ask that before?? When I talked to my dr about that to make sure what I read, he said of course, we always do that!! Oh well....still a little scared about my 'first time', but at least I know it's secure...LOL!!!
Have a wonderful trip to the states and weekend!! God bless-
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Thanks all! Really nice I'm not the only one twith these thoughts - and REALLY REALLY pleased to hear it's tacked up. I know logically it would not be less secure than when it had giant uterus pressing on it, but...

My post-op isn't until I return from States, so it will be about 8 weeks. I will be testing the waters before then! (Haven't had any spotting since before I left hospital i think).
Anyway SO glad I have all of you to ask about these things instead of asking friends (or DH!) who would just be a bit shocked!@ hahaha
vagina monologues haha
xx
cleo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register