3 months post hysterectomy and hurt myself badly - help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post hysterectomy and hurt myself badly - help! 3 months post hysterectomy and hurt myself badly - help!

Unread 01-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Re: 3 months post hysterectomy and hurt myself badly - help!

It's definately reassuring to know that you've been through the same thing. I'm going to try to see my GP tomorrow, so hopefully she'll give me some reassurance too. Hope you get on ok with your doctor. I'll let you know what my GP says. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
3 months post hysterectomy and hurt myself badly - help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro30 View Post
It's definately reassuring to know that you've been through the same thing. I'm going to try to see my GP tomorrow, so hopefully she'll give me some reassurance too. Hope you get on ok with your doctor. I'll let you know what my GP says. Thanks!
I would appreciate that, especially since I won't see my doc until Wednesday. The last week or so, my pain has been on the right side. Think I am still trying to do too much too fast. I would have thought by 3 months, I would be completely back to normal. But, I have read somewhere on here, that it can as long as 9 months to a year for that...crazy, huh!!
Anyway, definitely interested in what your doctor has to say. Thank you!! Hope you continue to feel better!!
Unread 01-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Have you tried prune juice? That really helps me a lot. Used it daily (morning and night) in the early weeks of my recovery. Now I use it now and then if it's been a couple days.
Unread 01-04-2015, 04:06 PM

I would definitely address this with your doc. There are a lot of things for constipation that may alleviate your problems. I would make sure to rest with your legs up and see if this helps.
I ended up in the hospital for possible bowel blockage the first time( thank goodness it resolved without surgery) but I was super sick. I pushed myself at work and pushed myself right into the hospital. It was not fun and has taught me a valuable lesson which is to listen to my body.
Hope you feel better. I know my doc really likes Miralax if I am constipated. It does work well but not everyone can take it but there are stool softeners that should help as well as drinking lots and lots of water.
Unread 01-05-2015, 12:02 PM

Thanks everyone. I've been to see my GP, and she just said to drink more water, to watch my diet and to take laxatives where necessary, so just what you've all been saying basically. I don't think she fully understood all my concerns though, so if the discomfort and swelly belly continues then I think I'll go back for a second opinion. I'm scared to death that it will happen again. I don't really feel any further forward, but then again I'm not really sure what I was hoping for anyway. I have to say I'm feeling really fed up of feeling rubbish and worrying all the time about one thing or another. I can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel (if there is one!)
Unread 01-05-2015, 12:32 PM

Thank you for the update...I was thinking that my doctor(who is also my surgine) will probably say the same. Nevertheless, I will ask him anyway on Wednesday.

I totally am with you, on the tired of worrying!! For me, it's nothing like it was in the beginning. At the same time, will be so glad when it becomes a thing of the past!!
Hugs sister, we'll get there!!
Unread 01-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the update. I know what you mean with the fed up. Hot flashes, worrying that you might just bleed or something. Burning pains not being able to clean ur home like you want too. I am fed up with being tired all the time or having the energy then it is just drainned in an instant. One moment at a time I am taking it now. Cause one day at a time is overwhelming. But lots of love guys. We're have each othert
Unread 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM

That's right we do have each other, and it's great to find people who actually understand what we're going through. I so know what you mean about not being able to do the things you want to do. It's really frustrating and upsetting. Hope you get some answers vavavoom. It would be great to hear what your surgeon has to say about it.
Unread 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM

I keep waiting for the day where I don't worry about something going wrong. Probably because it has. In my experience, you have to become your own advocate. That may mean researching on line, getting another opinion and just keep pushing. It took me over a year to finally get some help. I was bounced from doctor to doctor with no answers and finally stated travelling all over for help. Even that was a big pain. Then I ended up having to move for a job and am having a lot of the same type of problems that happened before. It is so frustrating but you really have to push the docs to get answers or at least a solution. My solution had been medicines that do help some. I am now in the process of trying to find another pain doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register