horrible back pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

horrible back pain horrible back pain

Unread 08-20-2005, 09:58 AM
horrible back pain

Hi all,
This is my first post .My surgery will be sept 20 and I am scared yet glad all at the same time. I have 13 fibroid s and enlarged uterus a couple of them are huge as I write this I am having the worst pain like a knife in my lower right back it is killing me . I cannot even think of bending over .I just want to know if anybody else has had this. Because I don't think I can wait for a month I'm just hoping it will go away or at least slack up some I am not on my period which is when I usully have this pain but not so bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
horrible back pain

Gulfgrl,
I am having a TAH on 9/12. I have known for a year now that I have fibroids. I know I have several and one is quite large. It wasn't until I found out I had them that I wondered if all of the low back pain I have might be from that. I have had intermittent low back pain and also back pain that wakes me up most nights. I just can't get comfortable! I don't think I will really know until after surgery if the fibroids actually caused all of that. I hope that is why! And I hope that is why your back hurts too! I will let you know after I have surgery!
Good luck!
Unread 08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
horrible back pain

All I can say is after the surgery is done this will be over for you. I'm so glad I had my surgery...I was so tired of the pain and it just took over my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
horrible back pain

I'm sorry -- I didn't really experience back pain with my fibroids. Of course, each person's experience is going to be different. What causes pain in me may not cause pain in you.

I do hope that surgery will relieve your pain! If so, you have less than a month to wait for that relief.

Unread 08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
horrible back pain

Oh golly, this was me before my hyster. I had a very large cyst and because of its location (near my back...essentially, attached to my pelvic wall), I had quite a bit of lower back pain. It got to the point where it was difficult for me to find ANY position (sitting, standing or laying down) that felt okay. There was not much my doctor could do for me before surgery for that pain...she just said to try to "take it easy" and she also gave me some pain meds so that I could try to "hold out" until my surgery date. God bless.
Unread 08-25-2005, 04:56 AM
horrible back pain

gulfgrlI,

I am so sorry you are experiencing so much pain. It does make the waiting that much harder, but also kept me from having the doubts about my surgery that many have. I had lots of back pain (labor type back pains) with my fibroids and adenomyosis. I am happy to say, that for me, the surgery took care of it. My Dr's wouldn't give me an anything stronger than NSAID's which didn't help much. Taking 1200 mg daily of Cal/Mag did help a little (more some days than others.) It might be worth a try for you.

s,
Kay
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Horrible back pain

Thanks so much to all that replied. I went to my regular doctor and they just can't get past the uterus being so big. He said the same thing the doctor at the E.R.said a large fibroid is pushing on my back especially when I bend over .I no longer bend over. Aleve prescription stength and some muscle relaxers are doing good the pain is still there but at least I can get my house in order before the surgery thank god . And you are right this pain and swelling has made me really want to get it done and that is a good thing because I was really not wanting to but now I see it will be for the best and that is a good thing
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:18 PM
horrible back pain

gulfgrl,
I suffered with back pain for a long time never linking the fibroids (that I knew I had )with my back pain.Since my surgery my back pain is totally gone.
My only regret is I did not push for hysterectomy sooner and I have a major complications that will affect me forever as my fibroid grew into my pelvic vein which is a very rare thing to happen.The diagnosis for this is intravenous leiomyomatosis.
I would encourage everyone to find a Dr that will listen to them.
I hope all goes well for you and you will soon be pain free soon.
Lori
Unread 08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
horrible back pain

I was recently diagnosed with a large fibroid, endometriosis, and cervical dysplasia after a year of severe bleeding (with not too much pain). Now suddenly I have been suffering back pain and intermittent severe pelvic pain and pressure. I can't bend over easily and sometimes get sharp pains in my lower back. My abdomen is larger and it's hard to find work clothes in my closet that fit. I have to sit up very straight to feel comfortable - sometimes seat belts bothers me. Thank goodness I already scheduled my TAH for October 12. Suddenly I can't wait for it...I could live with the bleeding, but not the pain. Sounds like you are suffering much of the same. Let's hope the surgery ends this for both of us!

Louise
Unread 08-26-2005, 08:44 AM
horrible back pain

Most of my back pain is caused from a prolasped uterus, and probably the endo. But as far as I know I have no fibroids. My pain usually wakes me when sleeping but once I am up it goes away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register