ERT and Flying | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ERT and Flying ERT and Flying

Unread 08-21-2004, 10:18 AM
ERT and Flying

I haven't been here in a while.... I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I have been on Estratest HS for almost 2 years. I seem to remember when it was prescribed, that the Dr said something about stopping it if I was going on a long flight. We are going cross country in 5 days and since it's the weekend I thought maybe I could get an answer here. Thanks.... Martha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2004, 10:58 AM
ERT and Flying

That is an odd request. Did he say why? I am a flt attendant, and haven't heard that one. I would encourage you to move your legs alot during the flight, get up and walk if you can. Cross country is about 5 hrs depending on which direction you're going, but perhaps he was concerned for a possible blood clot from sitting so long?

Anyway, I'm sure you will be fine, just move around every so often, even if it is only lifting your legs up and down from your seat. A pharmacist may be able to answer this too..

Fly safe!
Unread 08-21-2004, 01:17 PM
ERT and Flying

Hi Martha It's best to ask your DR to be sure what he meant, but I'm guessing that he told you that because you were newly post op at the time, and estrogen (any kind) tends to increase the likelihood of blood clot formation, which can be a real risk when flying within the first few weeks after major surgery.

In any case, it's always a good idea to get up every once in a while during a long flight, whether you're on estrogen or have had recent surgery or not.

Safe travels!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
ERT and Flying

Thanks for your answers, it took me 3 days to get back to read your answers. I'm sure she was concerned about blood clots. But I am not the type to sit still, I don't go to the movies because I can't sit still for the length of a movie! I will be moving around even though we will be at 35000 feet! Thanks, Martha
Unread 08-24-2004, 04:26 PM
ERT and Flying

Martha,
I agree with Linda, your doctor's concern may have been because you were recently post op. I wouldn't think that you would have any problems now. However, we don't know your medical history, so I think you should give the doctor a call and find out why she advised you to stop your hrt if you were going to fly. It's always best to err on the side of caution.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register