Call me crazy... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Call me crazy... Call me crazy...

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Call me crazy...

But I can't wait to have my surgery!

I just started working full time a few months ago and between working, having 3 kids, various activites and responsiblities...I can not wait to have a whole month to rest and not do ANYTHING! Several of my friends have gotten together and offered to deliver meals. Since my dh will have to drop me off at the castle early wed am (then rush home to get the kids off to school, and ds is diabetic) a dear friend who is also a reiki master is coming in to sit with me prior to going into the OR and do some relaxation stuff with me. Dh will then come after the kids are off to school then, when he leaves to get them after school, another friend who does therepeutic touch healing will come in the afternoon. I am so blessed to be a nurse and have such terrific friends. I say bring it on...I'm ready and <only a little nervous> :lol

denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Call me crazy...

I agree! I can't wait to be pain free for the first time in almost 2 years. No kids running around, no meals to cook, no laundry, etc! I can deal with a surgery that will help me in the long run in exchange for 2 or 3 days of rest (even if it IS drug induced, lol) 22 more days to go.....
Unread 10-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Call me crazy...

I don't think your crazy at all! I am soooo looking forward to being laid up!!! I never get time to just lay around...only when I feel sick and to lay around for weeks, I am there! I have 5 girls, I am an active girl scout leader and co-leader for another troop, work full time in retail (great to be out during the holidays!!) He He

I am actually having this planned around mine and the girls sports! The doc didn't really flinch when I said if I do this it's got to be in November because volleyball starts up before x-mas and is in game season in January, softball practices starts in early February (during volleyball) and finish up by mid July. Then I play co-ed softball from end of July until mid October.

So yes if you are crazy so am I. I am sooo looking forward to having that time off!!! (especially during the blitz sales after Thanksgiving and the awful days before and after x-mas...I work the service desk at Wally World.) The girls are so envious of my time off!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Call me crazy...

hey ladies.
i too am crazy for wanting my surgery. i am so tired & bless his heart but dh just doesn't understand why i need rest. i have a 14 month old who keeps me running plus a full time job.
i have already started a list of movies i want dh to rent & books from the library. (i guess i think i will be that thrilled)
my surgery is on 11-22-04. the only thing i am kinda dreading is missing the after thanksgiving sales (i love wally word have no fear though. i have started a christmas list for others to buy from. do i sound over anxious??
good luck to all of you

mel
lavh/bso due to endo & adeno
Unread 10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
I agree

I can't wait to get my surgery. The time off from work over the holidays is a bonus. I won't miss fighting holiday crowds at the stores.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register