Has anyone had this happen to them? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had this happen to them? Has anyone had this happen to them?

Unread 08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Has anyone had this happen to them?

]Hi I am 10 days post op from hysterectomy/transvaginal mesh bladder sling. I had a urologist assist my gyn for the bladder. I really feel that I am doing well with the post op hysterectomy but am having issues with my bladder. I can't urinate on my own. I had to come home with my catheter and went to her office the next day 2 days post op for cath removal. I couldn't urinate on my own so I went back to the office later on that day for them to reinsert the foley cath, kept it for another 4 days then was removed again. Couldn't urinate over 50 ml on my own so I was sent home with self catheters. I did that for 3 days and was told I needed another surgery due to the sling being to snug. So I had that done on Thursday 8/2 and was told I couldn't leave the surgery center until I urinated on my own. Well I still couldn't urinate more than 50 ml ad was supposed to urinate 200 ml. I ended up coming home again with catheter and was told I had to har it in from 8/2 until Moday 8/6. I am at my witts end with this and do not know what could be causing me not to urinate. I am in alot of pain.!! Also wanted to add that when I was in recovery the urologist came out and told my mom that the bladder had slipt almost out of the sling and it was pushed back. She said she loosened it about 3mm and I should be feeling better, which I'm not.! So I wa just curios to know if anyone else had this type of procedure done with there hysterectomy.! And if anyone has any suggestions to what I should do if I cant urinate on my own when they take they take the cath out on Monday....!!! Also note that I am 30 years old not sure if my age has anything to do with this or not.?![/color][/color][/color]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Re: Has anyone had this happen to them?

I had a radical hysterectomy, no bladder sling, and I can't pee either. I had a foley for two days in the hospital and when they removed it I could pee. They sent me home. Three days later I ended up in the doctors office feeling like crap. He found a UTI and also found I was retaining urine. He cathed out nearly 2 liters, put the foley back in and sent me home. I had that in for 8 days. They took it out Tuesday and taught me to self cath. Since then I have peed one time on my own. That was yesterday morning. Otherwise I can't go a single drop. I have to cath it all every time. My doctor says he's confident it will come back it's just that the surgery I had is very traumatic and when the bladder gets upset it shuts down for awhile.

I can't help with the sling thing. Just wanted you to know I'm in the same boat. I hope it gets better for you soon!
Unread 08-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Oh! I hope you poor ladies get better soon. I hade the same type of surgery. But had no where near as much problem as both of you! I was able to go with 24 hr after surgery. Keep us posted on your ordeal, hope it gets better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Thank you both for your reply. I am very glad I was told about this site. My best friend was researching my condition and somehow stumbled upon this website. It's very nice to know that you are not all alone with these problems. And helps very much to know that there is hope that it gets better.! I get my foley out tomorrow, so I will update y'all tomorrow on my situation. Good luck to both of you.!
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM

Just to update...I can now pee sometimes! It's sporadic and I really have to work at it and I'm still retaining a lot, but it's trying to wake back up. So there is hope. Patience is the key!
Unread 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM

Yes it takes patience, just hard to have them.!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register