TVH 12/9/11 and this is my final good bye | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12/9/11 and this is my final good bye 12/9/11 and this is my final good bye

Unread 12-27-2011, 01:32 AM
12/9/11 and this is my final good bye

I want to thank you ladies for all the help that have provdied to me in the week prior to and the two weeks since my surgery. I know that my situation that let me to this discisision is vastly different than for many of you. I know that the decisisions that remain for me in my future are such that not everyone is blessed with them. May you journies be progressive steps to a better life than what you had before. I will always think of you and the strenght that you had to go throght this together. Be strong, be better and know that you are loved by many many people out here that you may never even know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Re: 12/9/11 and this is my final good bye

Lynne,
I had my surgery the same day you did. I too am having issues with hormones, and fatique. I kept my ovaries, but they are not working. YET...I hope they will wake up.

I wanted to ask you why you are 'saying a final goodbye?" I understand that we are now returning to life and have healed quite a bit, however, the way these boards work..it is important for those who have already walked this road to continue to "check in' from time to time...after all, you may be the one person who could empathize with a newbie who can't eat or sleep due to the anxiety of approaching surgery. You may have great advice for someone who is having issues during holiday time while recovering.
All I am saying is that you may feel you have gotten what you needed..but you may have something to give back..so don't be a stranger and share your knowledge!

Best Wishes Lynne!
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Lynne,
I had my surgery the same day you did. I too am having issues with hormones, and fatique. I kept my ovaries, but they are not working. YET...I hope they will wake up.

I wanted to ask you why you are 'saying a final goodbye?" I understand that we are now returning to life and have healed quite a bit, however, the way these boards work..it is important for those who have already walked this road to continue to "check in' from time to time...after all, you may be the one person who could empathize with a newbie who can't eat or sleep due to the anxiety of approaching surgery. You may have great advice for someone who is having issues during holiday time while recovering.
All I am saying is that you may feel you have gotten what you needed..but you may have something to give back..so don't be a stranger and share your knowledge!

Best Wishes Lynne!
I tried to say good bye because I have been struggling so much with depression that I wanted to try and just move on with my life and forget about the surgery and the changes it has made in my life. Most positive but others hard to process. I was un successful in keeping from lurking on the boards and have posted a couple of times since I started this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Lynne3001, I'm horribly in the dumps also. If you find a cure all, please let me know! Signed, the Emotional Rollercoaster
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwcft1 View Post
Lynne3001, I'm horribly in the dumps also. If you find a cure all, please let me know! Signed, the Emotional Rollercoaster
JWC I am sorry you are on the emotional rollercoaster I wish it were that simple for me I have always struggled with depression and recently even before surgery I find myself fighting to get out of bed, I don't have a support system and it is hard to exist. My surgeon blows me off and I don't feel I can justify an appt with pcp so I am a mess
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM

I've been on Wellbutrin and cymbalta for anxiety. Recently weaned off cymbalta as was tired of terrible side effects. Story for another post.

My dr thinks I've lost my mind. Easy for him to say as he's not walking around gutted like a fish and having hot & cold flashes.

Completely sympathize w feelings on wanting to stay in bed all day. Feel a dark cloud looming over me.

Somehow we've got o muster through this. Don't give up on me yet!!
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:35 AM

Lynne, I would go see my pcp if I was feeling like you. Depression that severe is a real problem. There was a time I felt like that. I never believed in taking anti depressants. It must have been 15 years ago, i decided to quit smoking and ended up on zyban (Wellbutrin). Not only did I quit smoking but for the first time in years I actually felt good!

Sometimes we all need something to help us get out of that kind of mood. I also spent some time with a counselor dealing with some issues. I no longer suffer from severe depression although I have my bad days they no longer last for months or years.
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:35 PM

Lynne,
I just started taking it, so I will know more in a couple weeks, but, taking vitamin D3 about 2000 IU up to 5000iu can really help with depression and mood issues.
I am not a doctor, and you should always check with your Doc before taking any supplement.
Hang in there!
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne3001 View Post
.... I have always struggled with depression and recently even before surgery I find myself fighting to get out of bed, I don't have a support system and it is hard to exist. My surgeon blows me off and I don't feel I can justify an appt with pcp so I am a mess
Lynne,

I, too suffer from chronic depression. I'm having a very hard time deciding to blame my depression or hormones for my seeming decline. Probably a little of both. Strangely, I was very UP the first 2 weeks post surgery so this downturn has gotten me even more depressed. AH - the sad fact of depression. I have passed my 6 week checkup with my surgeon/gyn and probably won't see her again for another year, but I do intend to make an appointment with my primary care physician to discuss options. I'm thinking of changing meds - I've been on the current one for quite a while now and I think it's losing efficacy.

Depression is a huge problem and changes in your behavior and attitude always justify a visit to the doc. Don't hesitate.

I do understand about wanting to divorce yourself from here - I've thought about it to. It's become my 'go to' place when avoiding other things I am reluctant to face - sort of a crutch. Just tonight I turned off the email updates so I'm not prompted to log in every 5 mins. Hoping that helps, otherwise I may have to go cold turkey, too, for a while.

Take care of yourself however is best for you. HisterSisters will be here when you feel ready again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register