Always felt fine...Hyst anyway | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Always felt fine...Hyst anyway Always felt fine...Hyst anyway

Unread 08-31-2002, 10:51 AM
Always felt fine...Hyst anyway

Hi
I was just wondering if many people have had a similar experience. I had a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen to diagnose kidney stone pain I had 2 times. On that CT scan they also said I had a fibroid, a simple cyst on left ovary, and a complex cyst on right ovary. After 2 ultra sounds, the cysts are bigger ( the complex one has grown from 5 cm to 7 cm in one month). Since things do not seem to be getting any better, Dr. is concerned about the complex cyst and (me too) and thinks everything should come out, except cervix. I am 49.

The frustrating thing is that I feel fine. I have been reading a lot of posts from everyone here, and it seems that most of you have been dealing with pain and heavy constant bleeding for quite a while, and are relieved to be finally taking care of it. I have not had any of those problems. This has all happened on the past 7 weeks, and I am overwhelmed. I have had 2 kidney stone surgeries in the past month and will need more.

Oh well, just thought I'd ask. Thanks to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 01:24 PM
Feel fine also

I have felt fine, my main problem has been a rectocele. Went to Dr. about that and discovered prolapsed uterus and possibly cystocele. I do get bloating and lower back pain alot when I work (on feet 8 hrs with alot of lifting). I don't know if thats related. It would be nice if my tvh clears up that.
Good luck!
Trudy
Unread 08-31-2002, 05:25 PM

Hi LJM

Like you I felt perfectly fine before my hyst, and had no real desire to get rid of my organs - they were causing me no problems. Like you, I found a complex cyst as a result of a workup for other medical issues.

We all get to this place through different paths. Some women are delighted to be here because they have struggled through pain and insurance woes. For others, it is unexpected and frightening and for others still even sorrowful. We all share so much though.

Like you, I was overwhelmed. Between Thanksgiving and my hyst the first week of January I had a colonoscopy, 2 CT scans, and MRI, a PET scan and a laparoscopy. And several rounds of blood tests. I can feel like a real rollercoaster, but I'll bet you are going to be just fine.

Dorrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 06:26 PM
ljm49

Me too! No problems felt before, even though I knew I had a prolapsed uterus. Dr. found a cyst on an ovary and here I am. I was in no pain before surgery, so recovery was a little harder I think, mentally anyway. I kept asking myself why I had done this, especially as the cyst was benign.

I'm feeling better now though and I'm sure you will too.
Unread 08-31-2002, 07:16 PM

Hi! Me, too.! It was only afterwards that I noticed how much discomfort I had adjusted myself to because of that 7.5cm cyst ! It's been 8 months and I feel great!
Unread 08-31-2002, 07:48 PM

I too had absolutely no pain or other symptoms. In fact, I hadn't been to a doctor in 10 years (I know, I know, bad girl). In May of this year I developed a stress fracture in my leg, and in the course of diagnosing the fracture, I had an MRI. Well the technician got all excited about what he was seeing, and the orthopedic doc told my to see a gyno asap. It turns out I had numerous fibroids and a complex cyst on my right ovary. Since this was the first time the gyn had seen me, and I had no symptoms, she said we would keep an eye on things, and to come back in a month for a sonogram. Well in one month, my fibroid filled uterus went from 14 week size to 20 week size. My doc and I decided then that a hysterectomy was in order since there was no guarantee that it was "just" fibroids growning in there. I'm 6 weeks post now and feeling great, I still have my left ovary. Oh, they also found severe endo while they were in there!

Jan
Unread 08-31-2002, 08:09 PM

Hi, I was feeling fine also . I hadn't managed to go in for a pap in 5 years ( I know - bad girl)so I scheduled one. The pap results were normal but my dr found a polyp on my cervix, So I had a biopsy , D&C & hysteroscopy done. They found a precanceruos tumor in my uterus ( it had actually grown through my uterus & was attaching itself to my bowels) . next thing I know I'm in for a tah/bso asap! I never had pain or any symptoms so I'm glad I finally had my "well woman exam", you can bet I'll never wait 5 years again! The tumor was benign by the way YEA!! Now at 5 weeks post op I'm feeling much better again! s
Unread 09-01-2002, 05:34 AM

I didn't have any symptoms, either!

I was in for my annual (?---well, for me it wasn't exactly annual: cough, cough... more like 4 years since the last one) well-woman exam when the DR found a mass on my ovary that they ended up thinking it was a malignant tumor.

After my surgery, the pathologists deemed it 'precancer' and also diagnosed severe adenomyosis in my uterus, which, again, I had no symptoms of.

This taught me a lesson to have those well-woman exams annually!
Unread 09-01-2002, 10:05 PM

Hi. Wow, does your situation ever sound familiar! I went to the emergency room last month with symptoms of a kidney stone, and although the scans never showed the kidney stone, they did show two cysts on my right ovary. One cyst is 12 cm, the other is smaller but inside the ovary. Doctors recommend removing the cysts, along with my ovaries, uterus and cervix.

I am really questioning whether to have everything removed, since I've never had any problems before this. I'm afraid the surgery will have negative effects on my health and quality of life. Of course, there's a chance they may find something in surgery that justifies taking out more than the cysts, but what if everything is healthy?

I'm reading everything I can find about this, and getting a third opinion before my surgery on September 17th.

It's a difficult decision, because there are lots of factors on both sides!

Good luck with your decision.
Unread 09-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Newbie - also felt fine, but..

I have never had any pain, but for several years I was spotting probably 25 out of every 30 days. When I finally asked the doctor about he did a biopsy and found Simple Hyperplasia. We tried a 90 day course of provera, and another biopsy. At that point (last Feb) the biopsy was clean, so I scheduled another one for August. For almost 6 months, I never went more than 4 days in a row without spotting. so I wasn't surprised when the biopsy showed that the hyperplasia had returned. I don't know about anyone else, but I hate those biopsies -- they *really* hurt -- and at 52 I don't see any point in putting up with the nonsense anymore. So I'm schedule for a TAH BSO on September 17th. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm worried about the recovery period. My mother-in-law lives with us, and she will try to help, but a lot of times her help is more of a hindrance, if you know what I mean. And she can't drive anymore, so that means that my DH will have to do a lot of things that I usually do for him (not necessarily a bad thing), but does anyone have an idea how long it will be before I can drive again?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register