4 months post op/ Still feeling pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months post op/ Still feeling pain 4 months post op/ Still feeling pain

Unread 06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
4 months post op/ Still feeling pain

I am getting frustrated. I had a TAH 2-10 and although for the most part feel great. I am back to 100% normal life and working out and feel strong but, I still feel pulling and pain in my belly. I get burning still also. Nothing that is untolerable or need's any pain meds or even tylenol for, but I am starting to think I will never be right. I wonder if I did something wrong during my recovery and I didn't heal correctly. Dr. said everything looks good a 6 week post op but this pain is in my lower abdomen. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Re: 4 months post op/ Still feeling pain

Hi, it sounds like your doing very well for 4 months post op TAH. The initial healing period is considered to be 6-8 weeks but the body continues to heal for a year if not more. Is the pulling ect near your incision? It can be muscle weakness, nerve regeneration, a bit of over doing activities. It is very difficult to be patient for so long. But you still need to listen to your body and respect what it is telling you. If you think you actually did do damage or the problems continue/increase call your doctor.
Have a great day
Unread 06-14-2009, 12:47 PM

Ya maybe it happens when I do to much physical stuff, but I am really careful. I babied myself for 8 Weeks. Did not work or excercise (other then walking) did not vacuum or lift. Nothing for 8 weeks. I guess I still have a hard time believing it takes that long to completely heal. But I have read that before, Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2009, 12:50 PM

Wow. I'm glad you posted this question. I am learning so much each day from this site. Glad to have this knowledge, along with so much other info. that my doc. didn't tell me - but you sisters did!
Colleen
Unread 06-14-2009, 01:08 PM

After a c-section in 1982, I had a pulling sensation at one end of my incision up until I had my hysterectomy just over 2 months ago. The pulling feeling only occurred when I sneezed or pulled something heavy. Come to find out, there were adhesions that had grown from my incision to my uterus. Like yours, it did not hurt, but was just enough for me to know it was there. Adhesions may not be your problem, as early as you are out of surgery. Like was said earlier, it takes up to a year for everything to heal inside. Best of luck to you.
Unread 06-14-2009, 04:26 PM

I had my surgery 4 days before you and still have pulling and burning, not pain but feelings that remind me at some part of each day that I had an operation.

I still have a lot of numbness above my scar, but also below my scar and into my groin and thigh on my right side. Most of these feelings are in this area and I am wondering if it is just part of healing.

My Consultant mentioned possible nerve damage or scar tissue.

For me I feel so much better than I did before surgery, but I agree it would be lovely to feel completley better.
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:42 AM

I had a TVH around the same time and I am having pain and pink discharge. I am not in good shape and was hoping to do so after the surgery, but I am ready to give up. I do not have an external incision, but can feel the end of the vagina where it was stitched and to either side of that. It used to just pull, now it hurts. I have called my gyn and am waiting for a call. I can let you know if she says anything that will help you too. I was told in 2 weeks you'll feel great and have loads of energy and pretty much be back to normal. What a load of c***. I wish you all well, and good for you for being so active! You are an inspriration.
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Interesting how I thought I was going to have to post a new topic, but here it is -- others already experiencing what I am.

I had a TAH on 2/4 of this year and am too frustrated with the fact that some days I'm more sore than I think I was 8-10 weeks out.

If it was severe pain or unusual, I'd go to my , but it just seems like it is the muscles, incision and whatever else in that area still healing. Ugh!

I'm surprised that standing or sitting for long periods of time affect me more than more vigorous things like golfing or other activities?!? I've also noticed that I must hold a lot of tension in that area, because when I am stressed, I am more sore than usual.

I'm trying to have patience, but it's hard. I just want to be totally healed and not think about it anymore.

However, I have to say wearing white pants and not worrying about it, ROCKS
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Ok ladies --- this is the pain that I'm currently feeling now and it dosen't seem as if it's going to let up. Is this what I have to look forward to in the next few months? Sitting and standing for long periods of time is becoming unbearable and my doc claims I'm healing fine. I simply want to be pain-free.
Unread 06-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Okay, I saw my gyn today and she said my pain is from granulation. Apparently I had quite a lot and will need a second treatment. She also was worried that my ovarian tubes had filled with fluid. Apparently that can happen with a TVH. She said I may need another surgery. I am keeping my fingers crossed! I guess it is a good thing to go to the Dr.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register