Sex post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Sex post op

I'm 8 days post op and was not told how long to wait. I did not have anything done vaginally except a catheter put in. Uterus was removed through incision. Ovaries and cervix remained. Wondering if abstinence is still a 6 week wait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Re: Sex post op

Hi Petunia, of course I think we should wait until the dr. gives the all clear at your post op appointment but my guess is the six weeks is probably what the dr would recommend.
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:18 PM

I just asked the same question the other day. lol. I have been wanting sex since 1 week post op. I also still have my overies and cervix. Yes we still have to wait for sex unfortunately. Ask your doctor but I believe foreplay is ok. Just nothing in the virgina. Definitely ask your doctor first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Sex post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna321 View Post
Hi Petunia, of course I think we should wait until the dr. gives the all clear at your post op appointment but my guess is the six weeks is probably what the dr would recommend.
Post op appt is Friday! Just curious! Husband was asking! Haha
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Sex post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanDita View Post
I just asked the same question the other day. lol. I have been wanting sex since 1 week post op. I also still have my overies and cervix. Yes we still have to wait for sex unfortunately. Ask your doctor but I believe foreplay is ok. Just nothing in the virgina. Definitely ask your doctor first.
Thought maybe because nothing was done down there then sex would be a shorter wait. Oh we'll. but I will ask at my preop in 6 days.
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Wait. Talk to your doctor, and wait. You have a lot of internal trauma, no matter what you, or you husband, or anyone else with their peanut gallery opinions, think. You could do a lot of damage having intercourse too soon.

There are other ways to reach sexual gratification. Don't think that if you can't have intercourse that your sex life is incomplete. Be patient, experiment with sex in ways that won't tear external or internal stitches. You are still a woman and a sexual being if you don't have intercourse for a few weeks after MAJOR surgery. Nobody should be pressuring you to think otherwise.
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM

I was cleared at 6 wks but still had significant pain so I was not ready. Regardless of what the dr said. Almost 10 wks was my magic number. I actually loved this period of abstinence. It allowed my dh and I some downtime and a reason to do things we hadn't done in awhile. We actually could talk, kiss, and hug without the pressure of it leading to intercourse. Take this as an opportunity to "rediscover" your relationship. Hopefully you'll like what you find
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Sex post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomelady View Post
Wait. Talk to your doctor, and wait. You have a lot of internal trauma, no matter what you, or you husband, or anyone else with their peanut gallery opinions, think. You could do a lot of damage having intercourse too soon.

There are other ways to reach sexual gratification. Don't think that if you can't have intercourse that your sex life is incomplete. Be patient, experiment with sex in ways that won't tear external or internal stitches. You are still a woman and a sexual being if you don't have intercourse for a few weeks after MAJOR surgery. Nobody should be pressuring you to think otherwise.
peanut gallery opinions???
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Sex post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanDita View Post
peanut gallery opinions???
Hahah love it!
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM

lmao! What does that mean?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register