Sharing some positive news | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sharing some positive news Sharing some positive news

Unread 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Sharing some positive news

Hi Friends - We've all discussed anxiety about our upcoming surgeries, but I had the neatest experience yesterday that I just had to share with you all. I was in a local coffee shop yesterday when a woman stopped me with a huge smile. I didn't recognize her at first. She's an old friend from high school who I haven't seen in 20 years! Turns out she's a surgical nurse at my hospital. She's actually on duty the day of my surgery and told me that she would assign herself to my case. I just believe that God sends us help like that when we least expect it and need it most. I consider surprises like this a kiss on the cheek from God. He's telling us that we're not alone and when we are at our most vulnerable we'll be taken care of. Just wanted to share a peaceful moment with you all. I'm heading to my pre-op appointment today and then the 1 week countdown! I think I'll celebrate with a pedi this weekend and a Cinco de Mayo party. Anyone up for Margaritas?! Good luck May girls; I've been praying for all of you (and the April and June girls too.) Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 08:34 AM

Cookmac, thanks for the nice story. I have one too.

I spent a couple of years volunteering in the baby nursery at our hospital on the floor where the C-Section mom's are. So when I visted the nurses about a month ago and told them I was having a TAH they told me to request a room on their floor so they could take care of me. Well, today the Pre-admissions nurse called me to ask a bunch of questions and it seems as though that is entirely possible. I am so releived that the nurses I used to work so hard to help are now excited about taking care of me. How nice is that!!

Someone is watching out for me that is for sure!!
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:39 AM

That's so nice Ann. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:14 AM

WOW Cookmac2 ~ And there's people who deny there's a God! God is so good!!!
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:53 AM

Soooooo Good!!!!!!
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Now that I think about it I went to great lengths to specifically get the volunteer position in the baby unit because at that point I knew I probably would not end up having children because of my fibroid issues. I figured I may not have babies of my own but at least I could give these babies love while their mom's recovered or before they wer adopted. I also knew what the abdominal surgery felt like so I was really able to take care of the mom's knowing how they felt. I never in my wildest dream thought I'd end up back there as a patient when I asked to take care of the babies.
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:25 AM

When I went in to have my last baby by C-section the nurse who assisted and stayed with me during the whole procedure was a fellow believer. I too, felt like God was telling me not to worry, that He was taking care of me. I have never been so relaxed during a surgery as I was with that one.
Then when they got me up to my room...my two nurses were also believers....you better believe that God is good. Maybe that is why I am not uptight about my upcoming surgery, maybe a little sad about losing my uterus, but I will get help dealing with that too.

Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register