new to sight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-17-2002, 07:51 AM
new to sight

hi everyone been reading all info on this site for a month or so now and went to dr for second opinion going to have historectomy on 12/17/02 gonna keep ovaries and cervix I have several fibroids biggest one about 8cm. I'm mixed feelings but now made decision scared a whole lot but didn't want to wait too long to think more on it total support from husband hes the greatest. sitting here writing as i just got the dreaded period with cramps going on yuk well you all are a great support group and will keep on reading and writing on site as I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2002, 08:01 AM
new to sight

Welcome Jane,

I am scheduled for my TVH on Friday the 13th of December! I am so glad for this website.

Christina
Unread 11-17-2002, 11:10 AM
new to sight

Jane,
WELCOME TO DEC 17th!!! That makes you my same day hyster sister Be sure to update your profile so the others can find you on the calender!!! We're going to all be visiting the castle together!

I've got fibroids and an ovarian cyst, and since I'm just this side of ancient, they're going to go ahead and take out both ovaries, and fix my bladder at the same time. We have (so far) 6 other same day sisters, and each of them is delightful.

I know what you mean about nasty periods. Since I scheduled my hyst they have been hitting every other week. yuck!

hope all is well with you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2002, 09:15 AM
new to sight

s, Jane! Welcome to the site! This is a wonderful place for you to be. It's been so helpful to me. I had my hysterectomy almost 8 months ago and I can tell you and the other ladies in waiting that it is *wonderful* to be a !!

There is so much information and support here. We really do understand what you're going through because we've been there. Check out the pull-down menus on the home page, as well as the many message boards and the chat room - you're always welcome to come get some hugs and cyber-chocolate (the best kind - there's always plenty and it has no calories! ).

The waiting truly is the hardest part. It's usually no picnic in the hospital either but at least by then, the surgery is done and you're on the road to recovery - what a relief!!

You ladies will do great! A better quality of life is waiting for you. I thank God every day that I 'm not bleeding anymore!

Hope you all have uneventful surgeries and restful, complete recoveries. *Let yourselves be pampered and don't overdo!*

~Sue
Unread 11-25-2002, 09:36 AM
new to sight

Hi Jane!

Welcome. You are going to love all your sisters! They are great! I am 21 days post-op and without them, I wouldn't know what to do.

Just remember one thing. You will need to REST, REST, REST! When you get home, please REST! And another thing, WHEN IN DOUBT, CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

You will feel yucky for awhile, but it does get better, PROMISE.

Keep us posted. Take care.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register