Weight Lifting Restrictions Lifted at 2 weeks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Lifting Restrictions Lifted at 2 weeks Weight Lifting Restrictions Lifted at 2 weeks

Unread 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Weight Lifting Restrictions Lifted at 2 weeks

My restrictions were, nothing over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. I went longer than that, as I am in the wine business and one case of wine is 45-55 pounds. 3.75 pounds per bottle. One of those things we just do not think about.

Shopping carts are another thing we do not think of. They weigh a few hundred pounds on their own, then add groceries. It seems east to push, but pushing a cart is added weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2009, 09:06 PM

wow, I didn't realize a wine bottle was 3.75pounds...well, I guess I broke the "don't lift more than 2 or 3 pounds the first 2 weeks" rule...<VBG>

Paula
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:02 AM

im just going on4 weeks and tried to wash my floors so dirty and clean my bird cages which hadent been done in weeks poor soles now i have pain again going accross my stomach should i worry or is this normal.now ive been taking pain killers again and resing on lounge again but kids go back to school next week i have to be up and waling again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2009, 01:18 AM

Well I must have a nutty dr. too. I am at 2.5wks and had ck today. He did no internal, but said the external incision was healed. He said no sex until he does the internal at 6wks, but I can resume ALL exercise, including jogging, biking, aerobics, etc.. Like, really. I am walking, but that is gonna be about it for awhile. I still get pain/pressure when I am up. He said to rest when I get pain, but that I will NOT do damage to myself by overdoing it at this point, only the sex thing. OK.

I know drs have all kinds of different thoughts on postop, but the variability is just wacko to me. This dr. of mine is supposed to be one of the best in my area, so he's not like some fly by night, or anything.

I forgot to ask him about baths, but decided to live life dangerously (since I AM allowed to kickbox now! LOL!) and took a flippin bath. Felt good. Maybe I'll jog around the block tomorrow after I get back from aerobics!

CC
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:57 AM

Be careful, there is a thread on here somewhere that talks about a gal at 4 weeks that thought her son had been hurt, she ran across the yard full speed and when it was done she started bleeding pretty heavily and doc told her to go back on rest...If your like me, regular exercise would be a big joke at this point!

Paula
TAH 10/29
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:19 AM

cc, you are funny!

Kara
Unread 01-24-2009, 06:35 PM

I saw my doctor at 2 wks and asked her about weight restrictions. She told me to use common sense, but I wasn't restricted to 10 lbs or less. I went back to work at 3 weeks(part-time first week and then full-time the next week) but work with wonderful people who won't let me lift over 10 lbs until my 6 wk appt. (Which is a good thing because I lift computers a lot at work and work mostly with men, so they don't want to ask questions, just let them do it)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register