Pictures of your procedure or removed pieces. *Pregnancy Mentioned* - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pictures of your procedure or removed pieces. *Pregnancy Mentioned* Pictures of your procedure or removed pieces. *Pregnancy Mentioned*

Unread 01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Pictures of your procedure or removed pieces. *Pregnancy Mentioned*

WOW, When I had my fibroids removed in 99 Doc took a pics of it. The c-section was also taped and used for training. I watched all the way till they removed my DD. The pictures that were taken went all over the hosp. Had the staff stopping by asking me did I know how big it was. They also wanted to see the baby that lived with it for 34 weeks.

Plan to get a pic this time also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Oh, gosh yes. I got pics when I had my laparoscopic surgery done in 2006. I'm really looking forward to getting my new pics this Wednesday, so I can see both what happened and compare it to the pictures from 2 1/2 years earlier.
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CharMay*
Wow! I checked it out. Please don't take this the wrong way but it was huge! Am I wrong? How are you feeling now? Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with me it's cathartic.
Take it the wrong way? No way. I was a little disappointed that they didn't put a ruler next to it so I could see the actual size, but as far as I can tell, it was the size of an inflated balloon. The ultrasounds said it was 15x10x7 cm....

It's odd, though -- even though my uterus was that big, it only weighed 370 grams. What a downer -- I was hoping for a 15-pound uterus at least! It sure FELT like 15 pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM

OMG you guys crack me up!

Michele
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM

I hadn't even thought about asking for pictures. But I was pleasantly surprised when I went to my post-op appointment and my doctor was showing me several pics he took. He said he took a few more than usual because he thought I might be interested (way cool of him to think of that). He asked if I wanted them printed out to take home. They're not very big (4 small pics per page), but he even labeled them for me so I could tell what I was looking at.
Unread 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM

I didn't think about getting a picture of my fibroid (I was calling it Fester - My L'il Alien)...but one of the guys from my gym asked me if I got to keep my fibroid and wouldn't it be cool if I put it in a jar and kept it as a momento...

Boys are weird.
Unread 01-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I got mine!!

My doctor was awesome and got my pics I can't wait to post them for you alll!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register