Is Sleep Possible Close to Surgery Day? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is Sleep Possible Close to Surgery Day? Is Sleep Possible Close to Surgery Day?

Unread 06-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Is Sleep Possible Close to Surgery Day?

I am having an LSH on July 2nd and, the closer it gets, the more impossible it is to sleep! I am desperate for sleep. I've been taking Benadryl to make me sleepy, but I hate to do that every night. I'm sure the Lupron therapy isn't helping matters, but if anyone has a suggestion for turning off your mind at night and getting some natural sleep, I'm all ears!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Re: Is Sleep Possible Close to Surgery Day?

My favorite trick - I tell myself a story. Every time I get away from the story and catch myself, I force myself back. My stories are so boring even to myself that eventually I fall asleep. Also, before you start, try relaxing each separate part of your body - starting from your toes and moving up to the top of your neck. Sometimes people fall asleep with just that.

At this point, one of the problems is that you have a lot of questions running through your head. Write them down and then ask them here the next day. Also, if you take caffeine, try stopping earlier in the day and taking less of that.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Have you tried listening to music or relaxation tapes? Sony also makes a small radio that has a pre-programmed selection of nature sounds, such as waves crashing, rain, frogs, chirping birds. It's so hard to turn your mind "off" at night when it is racing with ideas. Try to relax as much as you can prior to bedtime and watch tv, read, hobbies, whatever distracts you as a coping skill.
I wish there was a definitive answer for sleep as it eludes many of us.

Good luck and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM

Im really no help, but if you cant sleep, maybe see the doc. I absolutely can not get my mind to quit at night. so I take ambien to sleep. You may not need something so strong. Have you tried just the melatonin supplement from the store. That's your bodies natural way to get tired, you are just adding a bit more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register