Why are my breasts so tender????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why are my breasts so tender????? Why are my breasts so tender?????

Unread 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Why are my breasts so tender?????

I am 6 weeks post op and feeling pretty much back to normal. However my boobs are very sore. They seem bigger too! They have been like this for about 2 weeks. I kept both ovaries and I know that I will go through pms every month. But why are they this tender and for so long?? Anyone else having this experience? My husband is tired of all of my complaints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2008, 11:40 AM

The surgery alone can elevate or lower the hormones you produce. Your ovaries can be in a state of shock and it can take some time to level out. Typically it is higher levels of estrogen that can cause the breast tenderness. Talk to your Doctor and ask about maybe using some progesterone cream on your breast, I have been told by my Doctor this can help sometimes and also have read it in in numerous places. Worth a call to the Doctors office to see if you can find some form of relief.
Unread 12-31-2008, 11:42 AM

hello cscm64. I am 8 months out and was about to start a thread abouth this very thing.. except my breasts have been swollen for nearly 3 months now and I cant figure out why. You know when you have a bestfriend and you get your cycles in sync. Well my friend has only had 1 period in the last few months and I was thinking i was having a phantom period when she was having hers but that is not the case. I just cant figure out why they have been swollen for this long and this bad. I had this for a few weeks right after my hysterectomy, slight swelling and tender, but this is rediclouse!! My breasts are so swollen that I honistly dont fit into my bra I had to buy 3 new ones when this started. I have asked some females in my family who have had hysterectomys if they have had this problem, and some of them only slightly or not at all. I am hoping more sisters will write to this thread and let us know if they are having this as well. I hope everything gets better for you, and that this goes away for both of us. Take care sweetie and many blessings.

Trufrend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2008, 07:50 PM

I was about the same place in recovery as you are when my boobs got so swollen and large. It took about a month for my ovary to balance out and for them to go back to normal. My doc said it was where my ovary had been "alseep" from the stress of surgery and that my hormones just had to balance out. I hope that they get back to normal for you soon.
Unread 12-31-2008, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the information. It is great knowing that I am not alone in this. I hope it only gets better from here. This is a great place to find comfort from those who have been there before me. Thanks again. And Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register