Mental state is very bad - dont want to get out of bed. Any suggestions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mental state is very bad - dont want to get out of bed. Any suggestions? Mental state is very bad - dont want to get out of bed. Any suggestions?

Unread 05-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Mental state is very bad - dont want to get out of bed. Any suggestions?

hello.... First let me say this site is a blessing with the information I have gotten during my recovery. I am... I guess you could say a loner. My world revolves around my husband and 3 sons so I dont have any outside persons who I would call my friends. this is my 4th week after surgery I feel much better but my body still lets me know when I am doing too much. some days I am able to walk long distance and some I can barely make it down stairs. I guess thats normal. I still dont feel comfortable driving. Now My husband has left me and my mental state is very bad. I dont want to get out of bed. any suggestions? I know this is a bit much but right now I am desperate for help and someone to talk to. Please feel free to reply...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Re: Mental state is very bad - dont want to get out of bed. Any suggestions?

ayygee. I am sorry you are going through so much. Please call your , talk to a professional. It "sounds" like you are dealing with depression. Having been through a really tough bout that lasted a very long time, I cannot stress how important it is that you talk to a professional. You do NOT have to feel so bad. As crappy as you feel in your head, you HAVE to get up, make yourself get out of bed.

Unread 05-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Dear Ayygee;

Firstly and foremost i'd urge you to visit your GP. You must talk about what has happened, I suffer from bi-polar disorder and must take medication daily or truly i wouln't be here. So for you and your kids sake you need to seek help. What about family do you have any support there??

What you are going thru is huge so don't feel that you should be able to cope with it on your own. I feel for you so much but can't emphasise too much GET HELP and the old saying "there's light at the end of the tunnel" is very true....but it can take some time to reach the end!

I hope and pray that your recovery starts to improve
Don't give up hope...
Cheers Kat47
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2009, 04:12 PM

I agree with everyone else. Depression is more common than people think. I am on anti-depressants and wouldn't be here without them. You need to talk to a professional.
Unread 05-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Thank you for your support, Maybe I will talk to my Dr about it but that doesnt help right now. As far as medication, I dont think they have any for a broken heart. I am sure this depression and sadness will go away, I am just concerned for my recovery now. I dont want to have a set back. My husband was such a big part of my walks, getting out (my chauffeur), getting anything I need in the middle of the night like pain meds etc. He called me about ten times a day from work to make sure that I was okay and not doing too much. Now I am on my own, overnight at that. Sure we had our problems but I didnt think he would ever leave me in the middle of my recovery. I dont want to get out of bed or leave my room. I dont know what I am going to do without him at this time
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM

I understand that this is a very difficult situation for you. This is a hard recovery when you have support so without it I am sure its even harder. I urge you to think about your kids. I don't know how old they are but I do know that at any age they still need you. Your kids may be enough reason for you to get out of bed. The only thing I know of for a broken heart is time. Please force yourself to get up and go into the living room. If you need to talk I am online alot. I am really sorry this is happening to you right now.

Unread 05-24-2009, 06:29 PM

AYYGEE... i am so sorry...the women on here are awesome..glad you have reached out to someone ... broken hearts suck.. especially when your trying to heal...
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Ayygee, while you may be unable to change what has happen, you can change what is happening to you......loving you is an important of healing...and while you are going thru both an emotional and physical change.at the same time...remember we are here
Unread 05-24-2009, 07:24 PM

before making estrogen changes. Getting out of bed is supper hard sometimes but getting out, talking to others, a hike (even short) with one of your kids, please get out a bit. Much love and prayers to you.
Kirstensis
Unread 05-24-2009, 07:47 PM

I appreciate all of your kind words. I feel like I have made a lot of friends in this little time. This site was truly God sent. My two youngest sons convinced me to go out with them to get a grill so that we can cook out in honor of the holiday tomorrow. They are 17 & 19 they have their own agendas at that age and at the end of the day I will still be alone. But I pretended to be okay and went out with them hopefully to get out of this slump I am in. I will be okay especially with hystesisters. God bless you all for your kindness and support at this time. I really need it. And can see that you all really care about my emotional and physical well being...thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register