Really new -- trouble sleeping | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really new -- trouble sleeping Really new -- trouble sleeping

Unread 06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Really new -- trouble sleeping

xxxHealthy greetings to all,
I am new at this and hope that my attempt will be successful. I am 1 week post-op tomorrow and feeling like a million bucks. I realize I should not capitalize on the energy I have but rather to heal in a timely fashion. Today was my first day out in fresh air and it made me feel so much better and happier. I admit that I used a wheel chair and walked part of the way because after two other major surgeries, I clearly understand the recooperation process. Last night 3am. I was up and find that since the surgery I cannot sleep more than 4 hours straight. For me that is a big change because I sleep at least 8 hours per night. The fabulous thing is that since the surgery I can go without visiting the bathroom for at least 4 hours...before surgery I was in the bathroom every 20 minutes. Any ideas for sleeping? I am happy to be part of this great group of ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2006, 06:30 PM

1. start reading a good book?
2. take a warm bath?
3. drink a warm cup of decaf tea?
4. have someone give you a massage?
5. and if all else fails a nice glass of good wine. LOL

I hear ya I have also had trouble sleeping, if I could drive I might get me a nice bottle of wine. Your surgery was the same date as mine. I think part of mine is feeling anxious. Not sure why, anxious for a new life, anxious to feel like a million bucks and utilize that feeling??? who knows.. but I think that is part of mine. I just want to wake up and know hey, its time to get fully back into the groove of things.. I am not one to sit around and not work or do anything. I thrive on being busy and going to work, that is me having a purpose, now its go to bed and wake up and wonder what to do for the day, knowing it cant be much.

hang in there... things will get better for us.
Unread 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM

Hey Lily! Can you send over that person to give me a massage?!? LOL!

Efw, I find I am spending a lot of time here on this site! I find a lot of sisters here at all hours.

I ended up not being able to sleep well at first, so I used the pain meds to help knock me out knowing that sleep was the best thing for me at first. I have since cut them out, since they tended to do nasty things to my tummy.

Listening to music-- I am almost at two weeks and still cannot concentrate on a book. I flip through tv channels (not my favorite thing to do at all.)

Just laying out flat in bed also helps. I tend to spend a lot of time in my recliner, and it it not the same thing as being able to lay out flat in bed.

Embroidery has been another thing. Pick it up, put it down. No particular goals.

And I have also set up a stamping station for my rubber stamps. I have been making thank you cards for those folks who have been helping me out-- family meals, babysitting, etc.

I haven't started on any organized project like scrapbooking or holiday cards (I would lose them before being able to send them.) Sometimes I will leaf through magazines, but otherwise, I tend to sleep.

With that raised glass of wine that Lily has...to a speedy and uneventful recovery!!!
Big hugs!
Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register