Envy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Envy

Do any of you in waiting like myself almost envy those who already have a date?

I have every reason to believe when I go back on May 16th that we will schedule a hyst. It was put on the table at the first visit and the next one is scheduled in a time frame that we could schedule surgery with plenty of time for me to be ready to return to school.

I admit it has taken me some time to come to grips with it but now I feel as if a burden has been lifted from my shoulders and almost envy those who have a date. I was just courious if any others ever felt this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Envy

javagra,

I know exactly how you feel! I have been waiting since January to get a date, and finally recieved mine last Friday with another month to go until the surgery.

Relax, breath, and concentrate on taking care of yourself right now. Before you know it your time will come!

Once you receive the date, time is going to fly by!

Remember to take time to treat yourself to all of the good thinks life has to offer.

Kelly
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Envy

Well I got my date but when I did it was three months away from then because he wanted me on Lupron for three months to make sure we were doing the right thing. Sooooo maybe your waiting is now and when you get your date it will be only one month away....I am thinking positive for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Envy

I know what you mean. I have been waiting for almost a year and now waiting for Authorization.
I guess I just want you to know that there are others out there that are envious too.
Nikki
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Envy

I cant say I was really envious,, but I didnt have time to be. Met w/doc, and presto, 2 weeks later i was in surgery.

RE: the insurance approval, the doc's office got that taken care of in no time flat.

Not to change subjects, but since I do know a tiny bit about insurance, it just angers me so much that insurance companies are allowed to play docs now.

I think the FINAL straw for me came when after my ins co paying for the MUCH needed Zomig migraine meds, w/12 copay all the sudden they only allowed me 3 a month? THAT WAS IT.....i've had these migraines ever since i began having trouble with periods and some months i had to take more, then I HAD to pay out of pocket i believe they were 77.00. Now mind you we have medical/pharamcy coverage, just the ins co wanted to change the mandates, without a WORD to us.

In an effort to be cost effective, I ask, IF I get a migraine and I will and have used up the 3 pills, hmm what is more cost effective for ME? A trip to the ER for free and a shot to get rid of it, at ins comp expense or 77.00 for pills?

Well the ER of course, so I would of gladly on dotted line. HA take that.

Well now my worries are over. Hopefully the ins comp will 'get it' but i dont think so.

I'm hopping off my soapbox now.

carrie
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Envy

Thank you all. I was afraid I was in this boat alone and felt guilty for feeling such for my hyster sisters. I kept telling myself no you should just be happy for them.

Luckily my INS is usually pretty fast in authorizing and I hope this is no different.

Good Luck to you all getting a date soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register